GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox LIVE Thread"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/06/03 at 20:28
Regular
With so many new users and so many games due out I thought it would be a good idea to start a LIVE thread. LIVE queries, Gamer Tags, meetings etc can all be kept in here so we can arrange games over the summer at set times. If there is a really good LIVE game due out that you want others to get then you can post it in here and we will try and get a decent game setup. I am picking up LIVE in a couple of weeks with Midtown Madness 3 but I would like to know who else is planning to get it?

1) For those with Gamer-Tags already post them in here.

2) Lets keep this thread devoted to LIVE and LIVE games/queries.

3) All LIVE recommendations post in here so more people will see them.

Enjoy!
Thu 19/06/03 at 23:16
Regular
I aren't sure if Tilta is getting LIVE but I am sure he will get Midnight Club 2 if he finds out that we are all getting it. Thats 4 of us already, a couple more and we can make a day out of it with a few games!
Thu 19/06/03 at 23:10
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
My tag is Savatt

My cousin (who many have met on here) is getting on Live tomorrow with Midnight Club 2 as well so this could end up being a popular Live game. With the number of us there are, I doubt we'll have much probelm setting up some private races for 8 of us.

Once people are ready to race online, we can arrange a day and time to meet up - weekends will be good cause then you have a week of trash talk to build upto it. ;-)
Thu 19/06/03 at 23:02
Regular
Clans usually work together, we will be fighting to the death ;)

I think I will stick with:

Midtown Madness 3
RTCW
Midnight Club 2

I was hoping for Soldier of Fortune to turn out as a decent purches but the scores so far have been appauling so I will be staying well clear.
Thu 19/06/03 at 22:51
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah I'm definatly picking up Midnight Club 2. Midtown Madness 3 will probably be bought at some point, maybe not straight away though.

Games I already have are...
Return To Castle Wolfenstein
NFL Fever 2003
Mech Assault
Phantasy Star Online
Capcom Vs SNK 2
Moto GP 1+2

Don't play Capcom vs SNK 2 much cause the controller is too crappy to rely on in a player vs player match. Moto GP is a laugh, but again I've gone off it a little - I prefer to race cars over bikes.

Other online titles I intend to to definatly grab in the future are...
Halo 2
Counter Strike
Project Gothem Racing 2
True Fantasy Live Online
Star Wars: Galaxies
Star Wars: Republic Commando
Conker Live And Uncut
SWAT Global Strike Team
Crimson Skies
NFL Fever 2004
Dead Or Alive Online

No doubt others will come along but those are definates.
Thu 19/06/03 at 22:49
Regular
"You peasant..."
'Clan' I think you'll find.
Thu 19/06/03 at 22:46
Regular
Sav can I have your Tag ready for when I get it? Anyone else who wants to become a part of our "club" (sounds gay but it isn't) then feel free to post your tags. The more we get the better :)
Thu 19/06/03 at 22:37
Regular
I should be getting LIVE before the 30th :)

Sav are you definitley getting Midnight Club 2? I will pick that up as well then.

We should name 3 games across different genres that support LIVE play and that we will all purchase. So far we have:

Midnight Club 2
Midtown Madness 3

Possibly RTCW? I know a few people who have it already so I am thinking of getting it. By far the best LIVE title will be Counter Strike. I can't wait to get rid of those pesky American geeks who think they are really planting a bomb or diffusing one. Role on October !
Thu 19/06/03 at 22:33
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I'll probably pick up Midtown Madness 3. Most of my summer will probably be spent on Midnight Club 2 though when it comes to online play.
Thu 19/06/03 at 21:30
Regular
"You peasant..."
Is Live really all that great? I mean, what actually does it have over any normal multiplayer and stuff?
Thu 19/06/03 at 21:28
Regular
Count me in, ADSL lands on the 25/6 :O) already got RTCW and motoGP2, thinking of getting summat else too.....but not sure what. Unsure of what my gamertag is going to be but I got a few lined up.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.