GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox LIVE Thread"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/06/03 at 20:28
Regular
With so many new users and so many games due out I thought it would be a good idea to start a LIVE thread. LIVE queries, Gamer Tags, meetings etc can all be kept in here so we can arrange games over the summer at set times. If there is a really good LIVE game due out that you want others to get then you can post it in here and we will try and get a decent game setup. I am picking up LIVE in a couple of weeks with Midtown Madness 3 but I would like to know who else is planning to get it?

1) For those with Gamer-Tags already post them in here.

2) Lets keep this thread devoted to LIVE and LIVE games/queries.

3) All LIVE recommendations post in here so more people will see them.

Enjoy!
Thu 03/07/03 at 21:54
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
I played socom today around at a friends. The voice thing is weird, people outside the room must think you're crazy, but its pretty cool all the same and I enjoyed commanding my teammates via voice. You have to keep repeating yourself though, as some of the phrases are tounge twisters plus sometimes it just doesn't respond to your orders.

Online it could be good, but to be honest I don't see PS2 online to be too hot at the moment and currently it isn't worth it. I mean SOCOM online yea it'd be good, but what else currently? Xbox Live is streets ahead still, and I read reports on GameCentral that SoCOm is already beeing cracked buy the cheats.
Thu 03/07/03 at 14:06
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:

> When I get a PS2 I will most likely go for the Socom Navy Seals and
> Network adapter as that looks to be one hell of an online game.

Trust me it's not. Admiteddly i've only played the offline game, but it's in my opinion a really cruddy squad based shooter. There's so many more on the market that are much better.

I think it's more of a case of it's being hyped up because it's the only real online game the PS2 has at the moment. It hasn't even received good reviews from magazines.
Thu 03/07/03 at 13:48
Regular
Yes the Counter Strike on the Xbox is going to contain all the original CS maps as well as the Condition Zero addtions.

The problem with Ghost Recon is that it is too realistic for its own good and the missions are very repetitive and boring. Every mission all you have to do is reach an extraction or eliminate someone and its not even remotley fun to do.

When I get a PS2 I will most likely go for the Socom Navy Seals and Network adapter as that looks to be one hell of an online game.
Thu 03/07/03 at 12:44
"I love yo... lamp."
Skorp1on wrote:
> CS is one of the best PC games i've ever played,see my website at
> http://www.geocities.com/dark_spirit1500/counter-haven.html
>
> I will definatly buy it for the XBOX, but I don't think it will be as
> good as CS:CZ when it comes out on the pc.

It is CS:CZ that is coming out on the Xbox.
Thu 03/07/03 at 12:26
Regular
"accidental superher"
midtown madness 3 rox online
as does moto gp 2!
phantasy star online is okay if you get hooked onto it's repetitive nature
Thu 03/07/03 at 10:23
Regular
So...Midtown Madness 3.

I'm definatly considering purchasing it.

On gamerankings.com it got an average score of 81% which is great! (compiled from 35 reviews)
Thu 03/07/03 at 00:49
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
No, serious shooter jsut arn't your bag, it's not a waste.

Some people love it as its realistic and serious. It also has a very intense online game.
Wed 02/07/03 at 22:33
"slightlyshortertagl"
I bought it second hand.

Returned it top GAME

waste of time/money/effort
Wed 02/07/03 at 22:30
Regular
Don't get Ghost Recon. Walk shoot, walk shoot, die. Thats the pattern for every mission and the variation is very poor. Half of the time I just went on without my team because getting them to move as you want them to just becomes a pain in the ass and when you do get them to move they kill everything in sight which makes the game extremely tedious and boring for even short periods of play. Wouldn't recommend it at all.
Wed 02/07/03 at 19:02
"Lemon eyewash"
Ghost Recon, 20quid should i shouldn't i? i have MM3=the nutz and i have wolfenstein=still playing hehe but me want another LIVE game

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.