GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"CURSE YOU TimeSplitters 2!!!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Timesplitters 2'.
Sun 22/06/03 at 13:06
Regular
Curses, it crashes everytime I do anything remotely productive in mapmaker. Has anyone has the same probs? Caus I have got 3 maps that are unfinished and I cant do a bloody thing! till it STOPS CRASHING *dies*
Sun 22/06/03 at 15:42
Regular
"8==="
WS Super DX wrote:
> uh..no
>
>
> I don't care how much someone loves Halo, but every indoor area is
> comprised of about two different textures and three different room
> blocks cut and pasted to create the level, and if they deny that they
> are simply being a fanboy.

I prescribe 'outdoor Halo levels' only for you. :D
Sun 22/06/03 at 15:41
Regular
Yes they're repeated but I never paid 'that' much attention to it because I was too busy shooting hoards and hoards of enemies.
Sun 22/06/03 at 15:40
Regular
"8==="
Tony_Blair wrote:
> PD WAS good BUT the gameplay was too slow for me e.g. No Mercy to
> Attitude/ SmackDown etc. TimeSplitters is more my cup of tea, but it
> is a cup of tea without the sugar to make it worthwhile. If you know
> what I mean.

I'm finding Red Fection 2 is currently my surrogate game for PD. Putting the Bots on hard really brings it up to PD's 'respawn and die' gasp level!
60 multiplayer levels, customisable bots (that can use mines!), any mix of weapons you like and extremely tough to win. But not so hard that you can't progress to 2nd/1st in the space of 5/10 minutes.

Oh and it's fast but not TOO fast.
Sun 22/06/03 at 15:39
Regular
uh..no

I don't care how much someone loves Halo, but every indoor area is comprised of about two different textures and three different room blocks cut and pasted to create the level, and if they deny that they are simply being a fanboy.
Sun 22/06/03 at 15:35
Regular
2nd time through Halo i've found the building interiors a lot less repetetive, probably because I new more or less where to go so it took a lot less time.

Though it was very cheap of Bungie to make the last 3 levels, basically Assault on the Control Room, Pillar of Autumn and the space ship level backwards. I still really enjoyed the levels, but a few new one's would have been a lot better.
Sun 22/06/03 at 15:35
Regular
"8==="
I think I was too busy shooting things....
Sun 22/06/03 at 15:33
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
PD WAS good BUT the gameplay was too slow for me e.g. No Mercy to Attitude/ SmackDown etc. TimeSplitters is more my cup of tea, but it is a cup of tea without the sugar to make it worthwhile. If you know what I mean.
Sun 22/06/03 at 15:29
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Except for every indoor area.

:P
Sun 22/06/03 at 15:27
Regular
"8==="
Cyclone wrote:
>
> And the first one, and that jungly one (inside anyway), the
> aforemnetioned Library and The Maw.
>
> Actually, ANY indoor place, from the Silent Cartographer to that Halo
> control place.
>
> Endless.......walking....

I watched the DVD with Brute Force and they said they wanted to make it clear which race had built each building. I can see the obvious repetition in the Library but the other levels failed to make any real impression of 'repetition' on me, they seemed like real building to me.
Sun 22/06/03 at 15:19
Regular
"8==="
maddmun wrote:
> Hedfix wrote:
> Here's my own exaggeration: TS2 is like trying to play Goleneye with
> heavy gloves on and muppets trying to kill you!
>
> Except that TImesplitters 2 is one of the best FPS's in many years.

Agreed. However it's accuracy and gameplay are a little too arcadey for me. I'd still rather play PD for the balance of accuracy and gameplay. Also the bot AI really sucks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.