GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"CURSE YOU TimeSplitters 2!!!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Timesplitters 2'.
Sun 22/06/03 at 13:06
Regular
Curses, it crashes everytime I do anything remotely productive in mapmaker. Has anyone has the same probs? Caus I have got 3 maps that are unfinished and I cant do a bloody thing! till it STOPS CRASHING *dies*
Sun 22/06/03 at 13:06
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
Curses, it crashes everytime I do anything remotely productive in mapmaker. Has anyone has the same probs? Caus I have got 3 maps that are unfinished and I cant do a bloody thing! till it STOPS CRASHING *dies*
Sun 22/06/03 at 13:13
Regular
I found that once i'd made my maps, everytime I went to play them they crashed.

The way to get around it was keep one of the maps that crashes and then all the one's after that seemed to work fine.
Sun 22/06/03 at 13:20
Regular
Mine never crashed.

The only problem I had with the map maker was that is was rubbish.
Sun 22/06/03 at 13:20
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
currently i have made two maps one is finished BUT crashes during play and the other I cant finish because it crashes before load! on mapmaker grr :@
Sun 22/06/03 at 13:24
Regular
WS Super DX wrote:
> The only problem I had with the map maker was that is was rubbish.

Yup, that was a major bug in all the versions I heard.
Sun 22/06/03 at 13:26
Regular
"gsybe you!"
That bug about only being able to design rubbish maps the size of Luxembourg was also a major fault.
Sun 22/06/03 at 13:26
Regular
It wouldn't have been so bad if it didn't automatically place the furnishings.

It means that all you can do is create Halo levels, in other words, use the same rooms over and over again. Although thinking about it, there are a few more rooms to cut and paste in TS2 than there are used in Halo.

No reason why there couldn't have been a menu of objects you could place.
Sun 22/06/03 at 13:27
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
boo hoo...*cries* are your maps on offical mems? and does it still crash?
Sun 22/06/03 at 13:29
Regular
"bit of a brain"
My maps are always just one room with one light and some gun emplacements.
Simple = best in this case.
And they don't crash
Sun 22/06/03 at 14:04
Regular
You'll be able to do that soon with the SD card (or whatever it's called)adaptor on Cube.

I doubt anyone will want to though to be honest, I made exact replicars of The Grid level from perfect Dark and a few from Goledeneye. But with the limited size aloud for the levels and very few textures available, they're really not much fun to play.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.