GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"No Swearing - Hybrid has his Ban hat on!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 23/06/03 at 20:18
Regular
I was just seleting my team for a game of Pro Evo earlier today when

BOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!

....well, not quite that dramatic, but almost. Anyway, the screen goes black with jagged white lines running up it. The green light is now flashing green. The blue light isn't on.

I try to turn off the console by pressing the green button. No luck. Can't reset it either. "Main power switch!" I thought, and it worked. The thing went off.

So back on the console goes after a few minutes to cool. Main power switch, standby switch....and it's flashing again. Damn. Turn it off again.

Another few minutes, and I try again. This time while the standby button is on red, I decide to try the disc tray. Whoops, that doesn't work either.

So now I'm stuck with an expensive flashing doorstop. Oh, and it has my game in and won't give it back. I've tried the manual, and that's about as helpful as being spat on. So what the hell is wrong with my PS2?
Tue 24/06/03 at 00:38
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Do I have to grab a virgin as well?
Mon 23/06/03 at 23:19
Regular
hey blank the only answer is to climb a clock tower with a rifle and a pocket full of shells
Mon 23/06/03 at 23:13
Regular
On a slightly different note, I used to work for Gamestation, the worst company I've ever worked for I must add, and had to test an Xbox for a customer was returning it.

I plugged it in, turned on the power, and the thing exploded inside its casing!

There was a loud bang, metallic smelling smoke came out the vents, and it never turned on since. It was safe to say it was faulty.

Just thought I'd try and make you feel better if you're PS2 is faulty :D
Mon 23/06/03 at 23:10
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Had it since release, not chipped.

I thought it might be overheating as well - I've let it cool down, and I even took the toothpick from a Swiss Army Knife and cleaned the front grill (there ain't a thing you can't do when you have one of those babies). It still doesn't work, so I doubt it's overheating, although it does sit astride the Telewest didgital unit, which for some reason is immensely hot all the time. Even when it's not being used.

But it's been in the same place for aaaaaages, and I played about six Pro Evo games this very morning and nothing went wrong. I came to play it tonight and after a few menu screens it's dead. Maybe it's the Sony curse.
Mon 23/06/03 at 23:00
"period drama"
You could also try picking up the corner and dropping it.
Or shaking it a bit.

This worked when me PSX got knackered.
Ahh ... memories.
Mon 23/06/03 at 22:59
"period drama"
Blank wrote:
> Okay, I'll ask someone else.
>
> Erm......FFF?

Well, you've come to the right place.
After much deliberation I can say ..... Sorry.

*Buys nice working PS2 some flowers*

Try ringing the Sony nuber thingy.
Someone's got it. I know that.
Someone nice ... like FM... I think.

*Takes nice working PS2 to a fancy restaurant*
Mon 23/06/03 at 22:58
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I take it you've had it over a year and can't get it fixed or replaced for free.
Best bet would be to phone the sony helpline and see what help they can offer.

Where do you keep your PS2? Its just that its designed to not accept extra chips or it will over heat so if you get it chipped (I assume you havn't) it could overheat soon after. But the same will happen if the fan isn't getting air to ventalate it then it will overheat and stop working properly.

Try it again and let me know what happens and I'll do my best to offer advice.

When you pick it up does it rattle at all?
Mon 23/06/03 at 20:52
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Natbuc wrote:
> You say the green light was flashing green. It's hardly going to flash
> brown now, is it? :P

Well in the troubleshooting section of the manual it said it can flash red. I thought I'd make it clear in case anyone looked in their manual and saw that example.
Mon 23/06/03 at 20:50
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
No idea, but I'm glad I have a flip top if this ever happens to me. Easy access ;-)

Obviously the PSU is OK or the thing wouldn't be on at all. Very strange.
Mon 23/06/03 at 20:44
Regular
"  "
You say the green light was flashing green. It's hardly going to flash brown now, is it? :P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.