GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"No Swearing - Hybrid has his Ban hat on!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 23/06/03 at 20:18
Regular
I was just seleting my team for a game of Pro Evo earlier today when

BOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!

....well, not quite that dramatic, but almost. Anyway, the screen goes black with jagged white lines running up it. The green light is now flashing green. The blue light isn't on.

I try to turn off the console by pressing the green button. No luck. Can't reset it either. "Main power switch!" I thought, and it worked. The thing went off.

So back on the console goes after a few minutes to cool. Main power switch, standby switch....and it's flashing again. Damn. Turn it off again.

Another few minutes, and I try again. This time while the standby button is on red, I decide to try the disc tray. Whoops, that doesn't work either.

So now I'm stuck with an expensive flashing doorstop. Oh, and it has my game in and won't give it back. I've tried the manual, and that's about as helpful as being spat on. So what the hell is wrong with my PS2?
Thu 26/06/03 at 17:09
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Right, from phoning the customer service line it looks like I have two options:

1) Swap my PS2 for another that has been handed in and repaired (so my PS2 will be repaired and then passed on to someone else doing the same thing). That'll take two to three days, but unfortunately to get my game back will take three to five weeks.

2) Hand over my PS2 and wait for it to be repaired. Again, three to five weeks.

I'm probably going to go for the latter, as I'll have to wait that long for my Pro Evo 2 copy back anyway, and as that's all I'm really playing at the moment (or WAS playing) it makes more sense to juat wait for my own. Plus I know where it's been.
Thu 26/06/03 at 15:35
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Natbuc wrote:
> No, it's what little kids say at primary school when some one does
> something wrong. Ammm I'm telling. :P

Yeah, I realised. But the sound is similar to "om", don't you think? Maybe kids are somehow more enlightened than we realise...

And I didn't call the topic what it is now called, it was renamed. Obviously.
Thu 26/06/03 at 15:25
Regular
"Plate of glue"
Why did you call it: No Swearing - Hybrid has his Ban hat on!?
Thu 26/06/03 at 14:59
Regular
"Hallelujah"
PS2 lasers die all to often...
Thu 26/06/03 at 10:18
Regular
"  "
No, it's what little kids say at primary school when some one does something wrong. Ammm I'm telling. :P
Wed 25/06/03 at 22:16
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Natbuc wrote:
> Ammmm!!!!!!

You meditatin'?
Wed 25/06/03 at 21:18
Regular
"  "
Oh right yeah, the title had naughty work in. Ammmm!!!!!!
Wed 25/06/03 at 21:17
Regular
"  "
Eh? Who swore?
Wed 25/06/03 at 20:51
Regular
why the name change in the topic?
Wed 25/06/03 at 18:54
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
What the no swearing - Hybrid has his ban hat on?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.