GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Convince me (Gamecube or XBox?)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/06/03 at 12:53
Regular
I'm thinking of getting another console to go with my trusty PS2, but I'm not sure which of the current batch would suit my needs more. I absolutely love Halo to bits, and Halo 2 comes out soonish. But Ialso lke the look of them Star Wars games on the GC - especially Rebel Assault 3 when that comes out, Xwings, Millennium Falcons, Taun Tauns, etc. But then again Star Wars: Galaxies come out on XBox in September and that makes me drool. So which should it be? Xbox or Gamecube - you decide*.

* (you don't actually decide, I just said that so you'd think so had some degree of control over my life)
Tue 24/06/03 at 23:01
"slightlyshortertagl"
It's your choice, but what Snuggers suggests is probably the best.
Tue 24/06/03 at 22:53
Regular
"A.K.A QAWSEDRFTGYH"
gat a cube if u have a dvd player. xbox is just the same as the cube only that you'll be payin more only for the built-in dvd player. GET CUBE
Tue 24/06/03 at 22:49
Regular
get an xbox monkey_man.

and on that note I'm off to bed ...
Tue 24/06/03 at 22:48
Regular
Get an Xbox.
Tue 24/06/03 at 13:55
Regular
Get an Xbox
Tue 24/06/03 at 13:48
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
monkey_man wrote:
> Halo 2 comes out soonish.

That's quite a funny comment.
Tue 24/06/03 at 13:27
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Cool, I get to be a teenage estate ho for a few days!
Tue 24/06/03 at 13:10
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
You can borrow both of mine while I'm away, and make your mind up then. It's like when teenage estate hos have to look after a bag of sand for a week to convince them it's not worth getting pregnant, even though they get benefits.

I daren't post my opinion in case I'm besieged by helmet-wearing angry ree-tees.
Tue 24/06/03 at 13:04
Regular
Depends.

I've got both a Cube and Xbox and would say they where the perfect 2 some. You get pretty much all of the big franchises and also a hell of a lot of originalality and variation too.

If you're more a of a shooty game player then i'd definetly go for Xbox, there's more 1st person shooters and games with guns on Xbox than you can shake a big Evil Dead style 'boomstick' at. If you can only see yourself playing the Star Wars games on Cube then you might find yourself a bit dissapointed with the rest of the line-up.

Out of the 2, myself i'd choose Cube. Mainly because I love Nintendo's style of games and while there aren't the same amount of gun games, there's enough variety and also mindless violence to keep you going.
Tue 24/06/03 at 13:02
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
I have both but prefer my Gamecube as I've grown up with trusty old Nintendo, but both machines have many plus points which I'm sure will lead to plenty of arguing.
The Xbox doesn't have that many top class titles out at the moment with the notable exception of Halo, Splinter Cell, JSRF, Project Gotham and Dead or Alive 3, but there are some mighty titles on the way, and most experts thought it had the best showing at E3, with Halo 2, Half-Life 2, Fable, Project Gotham 2 etc all looking great.
Gamecube has the typical Nintendo magic, with Metroid Prime, Wind Waker, Mario Sunshine, Resident Evil remake and Zero, plus there's Mario Kart, F-Zero, Final Fantasy, Metroid Prime 2, Resident Evil 4 coming eventually.

It really is a tough choice as both machines have plenty of great games out now or coming soon.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.