GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What's with the homophobia?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/06/03 at 12:54
Regular
"This is gay"
"That's gay"
2 topics with gay as an insult, have read about "fudge-packing ID nazis" "beardy gay games"

So? When was it wrong to be homosexual?
Am I in Time Bandits or Bill and Ted's or something? Have I ended up in The Middle Ages or Church of England? (I'd say Catholic but child molestation humour is soooo '02)
Tue 24/06/03 at 16:53
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Oh I'm as guilty as can be of doing the exact same thing.
My point is, it's PC gone mad.

My view is that if you are gay/black/brown/yellow/orange/fat/short/short sighted and you want equal rights then that means you have to be mocked, just like us white, heterosexual anglo-saxons.

We're the most oppressed group on the planet yet have to suffer.
I wasn't playing Devil's Advocate, I'm just interested in what people think. Admittedly, my examples were at the extreme end of the spectrum but some could say the same for "tard" or "Gay"
In fact in the workplace, anti-discrimination has reached the point where you have to double check everything you say or do.
Tue 24/06/03 at 17:22
Regular
gay isn't only a name for homosexual people, it is also a slang term meaning sad, gimpish, pathetic etc.

this being the case I think it is closer to the classic meaning of the word gay, being happy, frolicking like a pixie and so on.

:D
Tue 24/06/03 at 17:25
That is so confusing, gay meaning happy AND sad.
Tue 24/06/03 at 17:27
Regular
Icarus wrote:
> That is so confusing, gay meaning happy AND sad.

it can mean both, you might be happy doing what you are doing, but appear 'sad' to others (as in sad meaning pathetic, not the emotion)

*scratches head*
Tue 24/06/03 at 17:59
Im not homophobic atall, i know about 6 gay people, i just sometimes say " arr how gay is that" I dont know why, i shouldnt really, but i just do...
Tue 24/06/03 at 19:34
Regular
Wasn't being homophobic or anything dude, just 'gay' apprently means crap/stupid etc now.
I don't have anything against gay people at all. Ok yeah I used the "fudge packing" phrase. But as usual that was just me not thinking before I type. They were the first words that popped into my head.

*Hangs head in shame*
Tue 24/06/03 at 19:36
Regular
"bit of a brain"
u luv gays*!

*guys
Tue 24/06/03 at 19:39
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Its just one of those things, i use gay as a word for something thats pants all the time, but im not a homosexual basher, i have a friend who is gay.

Errr, so thats my piece.
Tue 24/06/03 at 19:46
Regular
When I use gay as an insult, I don't mean it in a homosexual way.

I think that it is evil to be happy, I'm scared of happy people. THat's why I hate myself.
Tue 24/06/03 at 19:47
Regular
"8==="
Goatboy wrote:
> Oh I'm as guilty as can be of doing the exact same thing.
> My point is, it's PC gone mad.
>

Ah!! Very gay my friend :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.