GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What's with the homophobia?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/06/03 at 12:54
Regular
"This is gay"
"That's gay"
2 topics with gay as an insult, have read about "fudge-packing ID nazis" "beardy gay games"

So? When was it wrong to be homosexual?
Am I in Time Bandits or Bill and Ted's or something? Have I ended up in The Middle Ages or Church of England? (I'd say Catholic but child molestation humour is soooo '02)
Tue 24/06/03 at 12:54
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
"This is gay"
"That's gay"
2 topics with gay as an insult, have read about "fudge-packing ID nazis" "beardy gay games"

So? When was it wrong to be homosexual?
Am I in Time Bandits or Bill and Ted's or something? Have I ended up in The Middle Ages or Church of England? (I'd say Catholic but child molestation humour is soooo '02)
Tue 24/06/03 at 13:07
Regular
People treat it as a disease they don't want to catch.

Misguided fools.
Tue 24/06/03 at 13:11
Regular
I think a lot of people use say something's gay, but not in the context that it likes to make love to men.

I tend to say things are gay a lot of the time, but meaning it's crap.
Tue 24/06/03 at 13:12
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I think the word's lost all meaning now anyway, kind of like the 'n' word. Still, it doesn't excuse using it as an insult, something I have been guilty of in the past (only quietly to myself).
Tue 24/06/03 at 13:13
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
I suppose the term "gay" is now just a common insult, you hear kids casually calling each other gay all the time now without ever wondering why they do.
It seems people also now use it as a byword for "bad", eg, "the new Tomb Raider game looks gay."
Or something like that.
Tue 24/06/03 at 13:13
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
I think it is used overly on these forums as it is a word people class as an insult and it isn't, for obvious reasons, a banned word.

The majority of cuss words are on the swear filter to prevent obscenity but gay and ass (recently allowed) aren't so people base their offensive vocabulary around the two words, whether or not they are against homosexuals or not.
Tue 24/06/03 at 13:34
Regular
"Hmmm....."
I disagree with attempting to justify using 'gay' as an insult because it's 'not in the swear filter' or 'people don't use it to mean homosexual, just 'crap'.'

Take the Somerfield thread, for example. Mystique used the term 'gay', perhaps just to mean 'crap.' However, Cyclone then used the term 'fudge packing Nazis.' 'Fudge packing' is a horrible slang term for 'homosexual', not 'crap' or 'stupid.' Therefore, it is just as bad as any racist or any other offensive and prejudice term.

Therefore, by being offensive towards homosexuals, isn't this rather Nazi-like behaviour? I certainly would be offended if I was gay.
Tue 24/06/03 at 13:36
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
DébUK wrote:

> Take the Somerfield thread, for example. Mystique used the term 'gay',
> perhaps just to mean 'crap.' However, Cyclone then used the term
> 'fudge packing Nazis.' 'Fudge packing' is a horrible slang term for
> 'homosexual', not 'crap' or 'stupid.' Therefore, it is just as bad as
> any racist or any other offensive and prejudice term.

Mystique used the term, ACTUALLY.

It was meant jokingly, don't ANALyse everything.
Tue 24/06/03 at 13:40
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Goatboy is gay.

Dont tell me you didnt expect that.
Tue 24/06/03 at 13:47
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
The maturity tally gets another strike.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.