GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Should Dizzy Return?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 16/10/01 at 14:58
Regular
Who hasnt heard of or played Dizzy!!! Those who havent are missing out big time! It was one of the best games around in its time, & its still enjoyable even tho its simple & u r controlling an egg!

I think that Some new Dizzy games should be brought to a new generation & keep the old generation in their memories, it would be great on a gameboy! Wot do u think?
Tue 21/05/02 at 00:50
Yes, Dizzy should return, of course he should, it's unthinkable that a character that must have had so many sales behind his name should go un-used.

As for how we can reasonably expect him to return, I'd say it's this - A reworked Game Boy Advance compilation of his adventure games, probably Dizzy 1 to Dizzy 6 - or perhaps Dizzy 1 to Dizzy 4 with some of the better non-adventure games. And I reckon even with nice new graphics and modernisations (Treasure Island Dizzy was too cruel - I can now get over the 1 life thing but the way the fishes hold their position when you come back to them, quite often in unavoidable death blindspots, that's too much) it could probably go on a fairly small cartridge in terms of ROM, and therefore Codemasters could even release it as a 'budget game', at £14.99 to £19.99 - keeping true to the form that got them to where they are today. They should definitely make that. In fact, Codemasters, if you're reading, e-mail me, I'll make it for you. Yes I could. I said yes I could. I bet you £2.99 I could.
Fri 17/05/02 at 23:21
I had every Dizzy game on the ZX Spectrum, and eventually completed them all. It was hard but rewarding. Even though I new what to do, I still replayed the games over and over, they had great replay value. It could be cool if they resurrected Dizzy, but I reckon it ought to remian 2D, as 3D would kinda detract from its original simplicity. As long as you have the gameplay, I don't givva fudge about the graphics.
Sat 27/04/02 at 20:34
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
Well it seems that most people think that Dizzy was a good game and should return. The problem is if it does return, on what format? If it appears on the TV consoles it would most likely be a 3D platformer, and they will try to use these cleaver ideas that they think everyone wants. But they never make the game any good, they just ruin it. An example of this is bomberman, but if it was done right it could be a good game as a 3D platformer as long as they dont take away what makes it great. If it was a GBA game it could be a new version of the old games, with loads more levels and maybe some sort of multiplayer.
Sun 10/02/02 at 00:13
Ah, the Dizzy games. They were great. Much better than Monkey Island. I liked Prince of Yolfolk... was it called that? Ah, I can't remember...
Sat 09/02/02 at 10:02
Regular
"That's right!"
Should Dizzy return?

Probably not, because most likely it would be a terrible 3D platformer
Thu 07/02/02 at 16:23
You can legally get the Amiga kick.rom from Cloanto (I believe). They have an Amiga Forever CD with it on. It'll cost you though. It used to be a lot easier to get the kick.rom file on the Net, but there has been a bit of a crack down.

As for Dizzy, I always thought they were a bit weak when I was a kid. Much preferred the Magic Knight games. Maybe they could do a new Dizzy documenting his drug years after falling from the public eye. They could call it Dizzy gets Fried.
Thu 07/02/02 at 11:45
Regular
"Woo Hoo!"
I had all the dizzy's, but I only ever finished one, but yes I think they should comeback
Mon 28/01/02 at 17:54
Regular
Go on Codemasters!

Toca sucks!
Dizzy and Micromachines are tops!

Go back to the good old games!
Sat 19/01/02 at 18:59
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I think Dizzy should return! Look at the number of replies!! Just goes to show how popular the little egg is! Imagine him in full 3-D, on the X-box...
Fri 18/01/02 at 20:48
Desert Island Dizzy was the best, even if you only had one life, and there traps everywhere, but still its better than some games I've played recently.

Just a shame that I e-mailed codemasters and they said they aren't planning on bringing back Dizzy.

Come on, it can't take that much time and effort to bring a simplistic character such as an eggs with no legs or arms, but boxing gloves and boots. There are publishers that would jump at the chance.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.