GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Should Dizzy Return?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 16/10/01 at 14:58
Regular
Who hasnt heard of or played Dizzy!!! Those who havent are missing out big time! It was one of the best games around in its time, & its still enjoyable even tho its simple & u r controlling an egg!

I think that Some new Dizzy games should be brought to a new generation & keep the old generation in their memories, it would be great on a gameboy! Wot do u think?
Wed 31/10/01 at 17:59
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Bartlex wrote:
Arhhhhh, Bad memories. I've still got
> my Dizzy game clock up on my bedroom wall, lol any bids? It was a good game, i
> must of sold it one day, like i do with all my games! Rats, it most probably
> worth loads now!

Why not grab a Speccy emulator, a Dizzy snapshot and relive those halcyon days? :)
Wed 31/10/01 at 17:52
Ace_greg wrote:
> Who hasnt heard of or played Dizzy!!! Those who havent are missing out big time!
> It was one of the best games around in its time, & its still enjoyable even
> tho its simple & u r controlling an egg!

I think that Some new Dizzy
> games should be brought to a new generation & keep the old generation in
> their memories, it would be great on a gameboy! Wot do u think?

Arhhhhh, Bad memories. I've still got my Dizzy game clock up on my bedroom wall, lol any bids? It was a good game, i must of sold it one day, like i do with all my games! Rats, it most probably worth loads now!
Wed 31/10/01 at 17:27
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
MikeLugg wrote:
> Dizzy would be an ideal game for the Gameboy Advanced but it will probably have
> to renew the contracts as Nintendo last released dizzy on the Nes. They released
> two games which were:- Dizzy The Adventurer and Fantastic Dizzy. Both good games
> but compared to what games Nintendo have released recently they would have to
> change it quite a bit. Good idea though !!!

Dizzy should only return if they
> redesign it!

The Dizzy series were Codemasters titles (2.99)... so, as long as Codemasters have a Nintendo software devlopment license, theres no reason why there cant be Dizzy Advance...

Although, I seem to remember that Codemaster used to create non-Nintendo certified carts for the SNES, so I'm not sure how friendly Codemaster and Nintendo are?

--- Although... from what I remember of the early ninties, the Darling brothers stated at one point that they were going to create a new version of Chiller ... (the oroginal being a Spectrum game published by Mastertronic in the early eighties with 5 screens!) ... Lets hope they change their mind and knock up an updated Dizzy title instead?
Tue 30/10/01 at 19:56
trying to find an amiga nowadays is as hard as trying to find victoria beckham and food in the same room. good job i still got mine and all it's lovely games
Tue 30/10/01 at 16:28
Except If You Used The Flight Cheat.
My Amiga Broke Down. Where Can I Get Another With A CD Drive ?
Mon 29/10/01 at 17:50
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Only one life in treasure island dizzy though, if I remember correctly.

Fiendishly hard, that one.
Mon 29/10/01 at 12:39
Regular
I am the Tarrant wrote:

"Dizzy was all about "you get 1 life, now use it wisely", you learned the game bit by bit, but ultimately you had to make it from start to finish in one sitting on one life! Games like that have been squeezed out of the market. If you can finish a game in an hour or so, no-one wants it."

Believe it or not, the Dizzy games did actually have lives! You had three lives, but they were so precious that it really was like walking around with one.

Can't you remember the infamous "Dizzy was fried!" boxes that came up when you died?
Fri 26/10/01 at 23:42
Regular
I sold my Amiga 2 years ago.....

*Starts to cry*

£50 seemed alot back then.....

*Puts a knife to his wrist*

Oh! How I wish I still had Dizzy.......
Fri 26/10/01 at 23:40
i've got an amiga with about 5 of those dizzy games on it
Fri 26/10/01 at 22:59
Regular
Dizzy Rules!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.