GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The apprentice-discussion forum"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 04/04/07 at 22:28
Regular
"eat toast!"
I'm sure a fair few of you watch this program and probably enjoying it like me. Anyway, we can discuss the episode tonight was particualry ruthless and nasty.

The challenge was to create and promote a product for Dogs. The boys team (eclipse) came up with a utility belt (looking more like a sash or a miltary gear) and the girls (stealth) developed a doggie cupboard where you could store all your doggie goods, food, belts, clothes etc. 2 pretty dubious products, eclipses belt product was panned by the focus group (which prefered the other idea of a blanket that caught hairs and was machine washable). Another with questionable target market making it difficult or challenging to sell. Neverless, the girls won by a massive margin. For the boys, it was a double blow with 2 members of their team leaving.

My 2 cents: The project manager really was useless, he's creditenals really did hint at it already. Bankrupt twice and choose a pretty autocratic style that didn't rub very well nor was he any good at management either. A key problem was partially the project leaders personal pride and intergrity that made him such a lousy leader. Too proud to take advice, critism and thought he good enough to make effective decisons. He had no business acumin at all (hence the record)

Stating that you're the boss (as noted right at the start of the challenge) and you have all the power is foolish in business. Its the workers who get the job done and not the managers. Managers are the brains and ensures that they get the work done (In fairness, 2 sharks in the group would cause problems in the long run.). There were so many situations and key moments that could have been resolved but the project manager refused to listen to the most disruptive member of the group (tray?) who was giving some pretty valid pointers like the delay of the other members within the focus group. Nor was he very decisive in decison making and by the look of things made a half arsed commitment to things.

But that said, tray was very disruptive and a valid point that he likes to be in control and frequently antagonsitic. He seems to have the drive, motivation and force to win, but his blunt attitude and refusal to accept authority really makes him a liablity. To be fair to the project manager, whilst his product didn't win, there was still no guarentee that the other product would have beaten the girls mammouth victory despite the good feedback from the focus group. This wasn't helped by the fact that another team member acutally had a degree in product design and didn't contribute at all.

So whats your thoughts on tonights show. Any comments on the first show or next weeks one?
Thu 03/05/07 at 21:59
"No longer in use"
True, Adam does seem to get on with tasks, and I think he has been a bit victimised by Katie and Paul, as they both bought him into the boardroom when they were project leaders. Brining Christina in the boardroom was suicicidal and Paul didn't stand a chance. She is definitely a strong candidate. I think Gazelle (I think that's her name) or Jadine are off next.
Thu 03/05/07 at 21:34
Regular
Yeah but the thing is although Adam's personality isn't exactly infectious... he's a good salesman and just gets on with it.

Let's be honest, this week he was only really back as he was a scapegoat. Katie and Other public school man don't like him because they lost their posh-o friend.

I reckon Christina is still the strongest candidate
Thu 03/05/07 at 20:57
"No longer in use"
I think Adam will go soon due to the fact he is always in the boardroom and everyone seemed disappointed when he came back.

Didn't see much of Tre this week =(
Thu 03/05/07 at 20:39
Regular
"8==="
One of the easiest firings ever.

Why I'm going to sign up to the army on the strength of that effort...
Thu 03/05/07 at 19:05
"No longer in use"
They put a translation of the banner on screen, I just laughed. Buying all that cheese was a really bad decision, everyone knows the French love cheese, and the same for the tea for that matter, France is renowned for being a coffee drinking nation. That cheese also looked really horrible and ddn't stand a chance against some of the other stools they had there with all that fresh cheese.

The fish seemed to do well, unsuprisingly, as England is obviously known for it's Fish and Chips. If they would have cooked the sausages properly and handed out samples I think they would have sold more of them.
Thu 03/05/07 at 18:40
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Neither team did too well, but the losers lost for a reason; poor decisions that were made without proper thinking. Cheese shaped like breeze blocks? In the words of Charles de Gaulle, "Who on earth would want to govern a nation that has 246 different kinds of cheese?" The French know about cheese, and they weren't fooled.

The failure to cook up the sausages, and the decision to sell tea in a coffee-drinking nation were also misguided. And they could have got a discount on the banner for the translation; even I could see it was wrong, and my French is atrocious.

Still, their rivals won by a decent margin, albeit not with any real finesse, and I guess that's what counts aside from the entertainment!
Thu 03/05/07 at 18:07
"No longer in use"
Paul really shot himself in the foot by not bringing Katie back in the boardroom. He probably would have gone anyway, but Christina didn't really do anything wrong, and minus the cost of the banner they still would have been thrashed anyway, so he didn't really stand a chance. I think Lohit may win, he's been very quiet and competant and the other contestants seem to think he has a chance. Quick question, was Lohit in it from the start? I don't remember him in the first few episodes and I thought they put him in when Sir Alan fired two people in the same week, am I right?
Thu 03/05/07 at 08:16
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Yeah i agree with all that!

At first i thought army-man was gonna be a good decision maker who made his mind up fairly quickly...but unfortunately he made his mind up quickly about the wrong things!

I thought the woman who eventually found a cooker for the sausages (sorry im bad at names) took a lot of time complaining about him to other people but didnt really say much to his face until it was too late.
Wed 02/05/07 at 22:08
Regular
"eat toast!"
Yeah this week was a absolute corker. Pretty much both teams did a very iffy job with stock going to waste.

But the losing team, my god was that a total screw up. This week's challenge was to sell the best of british food to the french. So it was somewhat stupid to see the losing team buy, mass produced, huge blocks of square cheese to a cheese making and eating country. Oh and that cooking contraption, a classic cooking sausages with a crap hollow can of baked beans and a jelly petrol. Bear grislis would have been proud. A good idea for bear, how to survive an urban environment without a cooker.

It could have been so different if they just got a proper cooker and got rid of the damn cheese. Oh and that poster they made and cost them 110 quid really was crap. Adams attempts to lower the cost wa soundly beaten by the designer.
Wed 02/05/07 at 13:31
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
I think he makes good tele haha

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.