GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"TR:AOD.."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Tomb Raider: The Angel Of Darkness'.
Wed 25/06/03 at 20:46
Regular
scored a disappointing 5.3 on IGN, i'm so glad i've waited for that review, looks like it hasn't been worth the wait, damn you core! When will you learn, old engines don't work everytime, they said the graphics were good but the framerate was poor at times, the gameplay wasn't too good either, i am sorely disappointed :(
Tue 01/07/03 at 12:48
Regular
Think he is a PC gamer actually. No that it matters as he can post where ever...
Tue 01/07/03 at 11:45
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Uh-huh, I just suspected for a moment he was one of the many millions of Gamecube/X-box fanboys who lurk around here looking for opportunities to start a flame war.

The link I click on to get here does say 'PS2 discussions' after all.
Tue 01/07/03 at 11:35
Regular
Darwock wrote:
> Umm, so what you doing in this forum then?

Posting his opinions. Thats what they are here for.
Tue 01/07/03 at 11:29
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Lets face it, the only plus point to Tomb Raider nowadays is the evolution of more sophisticated boob bounce, so why don't people just buy Dead or Alive Volleyball instead? At least they then don't have to pretend they're buying the game for anything else than to see big virtual breasts.
Tue 01/07/03 at 11:23
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Umm, so what you doing in this forum then?
Tue 01/07/03 at 11:12
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I liked TR 1&2, especially 2.
If I had a PS2 I'd get TR5, but I don't, so I won't.
Tue 01/07/03 at 11:08
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I'm going to rent it first and decide for myself whether or not to buy it. I don't trust reviews that much now like the pile of rubbish that is IGN and especially OPSM otherwise known as 'who's given us the most free stuff this month to award a high mark for their game'
Tue 01/07/03 at 11:03
"High polygon count"
Totoro wrote:
> So some people are still going out to buy it even though it's
> universally regarded to be a pile of crap?

Some people actually like the games. Where's the problem with that? I even enjoyed the film!

> Hurrah, and so the cycle of poor over hyped games getting to number 1
> on zealot hype rather than merit continues (as previously seen with
> The Getaway and Enter the Matrix).
> Some people never learn.

Evidently. Zealot hype has done Mario games the world of good. Personally I can't stand them, but people still buy them by the truckload. Like Tomb Raider, it's pretty much the same game every time, with a few tweaks. Tomb Raider gets subtitles like "Chronicles", "The Last Revelation" and "Angel of Darkness", while Mario gets "64" or "Sunshine", with the occasional prefix ("Super") thrown in for good measure.

"But Mario games are good games" you all cry. Hate to break it to you, but not to everyone.

Each to their own. If you don't want it, don't buy it. Those that do, will. Simple solution, and everyone's happy.

AOD may well be crap, but as a fan of the series so far, I want to play it for myself, rather than take some jaded reviewers word for it. At least buying from Game I can take it back if it really is that bad!
Tue 01/07/03 at 10:54
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
2 was the one in Venice etc wasn't it?
I liked that one, and the 3rd one where you could choose where to go? Meh...same old same old.
Tue 01/07/03 at 10:40
Regular
Tomb Raider 2 was the pick of the bunch and from there on it went downhill big time. Chronicles was the final straw for me and despite having the will power to stick through and complete the Tomb Raider's 1-4 I couldn't face going trough 5.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.