GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"TR:AOD.."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Tomb Raider: The Angel Of Darkness'.
Wed 25/06/03 at 20:46
Regular
scored a disappointing 5.3 on IGN, i'm so glad i've waited for that review, looks like it hasn't been worth the wait, damn you core! When will you learn, old engines don't work everytime, they said the graphics were good but the framerate was poor at times, the gameplay wasn't too good either, i am sorely disappointed :(
Wed 02/07/03 at 11:31
Regular
"Proud PS2+GC Owner"
If it is out then how come i haven't received my copy from SR yet i pre orderd it.
Wed 02/07/03 at 11:07
"High polygon count"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Just read the GameSpy review. 34% they gave it saying it was a
> shocking unfinished game.

Well, I reckon they were reviewing demo code or something! :-)

Seriously, I've seen nothing "shocking" or "unfinished" about it; it's at least as good as any previous TR title from what I've played so far.

Bear in mind that the last couple of delays were supposedly because Core weren't happy with a few reviews and wanted to tweak it. Maybe the "review code" that GameSpy had wasn't the version that was actually finally released? It's possible.

Still, I'm enjoying it, whatever the reviewers think. So "Yah boo sucks" to them!
Wed 02/07/03 at 11:00
"High polygon count"
Garlic Bread!? wrote:
> How does Wookie have it!? Is it bloody out yet?

Yes!

Read back through the thread! Game phoned me yesterday and said that they'd just got it in stock, and they were putting it on sale immediately. So I went and got my (reserved) copy as soon as possible!

I was playing it for about 14 hours straight (until about 3 this morning), with only toilet and dinner breaks. I think it's a great game. What seemed like slow animation on Lara running is unnoticable now that I'm used to it. It's very smooth, plays well, and has been great fun so far. Fist-fights are quite entertaining.

If you liked previous TR games, ignore the reviews - it's well worth getting, and if it does make #1 in the charts, there'll be no arguments from me.

Oh, and for those that are into that sort of thing... I never noticed it in the previous games, but if you turn Lara around quickly to face the camera in AOD, her boobs *do* jiggle slightly. ;-)
Wed 02/07/03 at 10:46
Regular
Just read the GameSpy review. 34% they gave it saying it was a shocking unfinished game. Bar the OPSM2 review everyone I have read has been under 60% which is disappointing. I will give it a rent though just to see why they are saying its so bad etc.
Wed 02/07/03 at 10:25
Regular
"Hallelujah"
How does Wookie have it!? Is it bloody out yet?
Tue 01/07/03 at 21:43
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Damn you Wookiee

*shakes fist*

Now I want to order it :(

Decisions decisions eh!
Tue 01/07/03 at 21:38
"High polygon count"
Well, I've been playing it for a good few hours now, and I think the official mag got it right at 8-point-something (can't remember exact score offhand) - it has a few probs, but it is a damn fine game.

I'd recommend it to fans of the series withut hesitation. Those that aren't sure should probably try it out first, but I still recommend it.

Seems to me that there are several reviewers out there who simply don't know what they're talking about.

Anyway, must press on with it! :-D
Tue 01/07/03 at 16:08
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Back from the town with your copy!? Is it out!? *dies*
Tue 01/07/03 at 14:00
"High polygon count"
Well, so far so good.

It *is* slow. Or rather, Lara's movement is slow. Doesn't seem to be any logical reason why, though, as if you move the camera etc. it all moves very smoothly and quickly, so it's not a power issue.

I can only assume that - for some strange reason - it's a conscious decision by Core. Lord only knows why, though. Maybe just to show off their new animations?

The new moves are great, though I haven't had the chance to try out everything yet. And apart from that, it's as playable as any other TR game, and it looks quite beautiful.

Oh, and I don't know about the boobs, but her ass looks very nice this time around! ;-)

I'm off for some more - see ya!
Tue 01/07/03 at 13:03
"High polygon count"
Totoro wrote:
> Lets face it, the only plus point to Tomb Raider nowadays is the
> evolution of more sophisticated boob bounce

As far as I know, Lara's boobs have never bounced. Even if they did, you always view her from the back, so that rather knocks that idea on the head! Surely it would be her butt, not her boobs?

Anyway, I've just got back from town with my copy, so I'm off for a while to play.

TTFN

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.