GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"TR:AOD.."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Tomb Raider: The Angel Of Darkness'.
Wed 25/06/03 at 20:46
Regular
scored a disappointing 5.3 on IGN, i'm so glad i've waited for that review, looks like it hasn't been worth the wait, damn you core! When will you learn, old engines don't work everytime, they said the graphics were good but the framerate was poor at times, the gameplay wasn't too good either, i am sorely disappointed :(
Fri 04/07/03 at 10:27
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Well im at the point in the game where you're in the pawn brokers shop, you help yourself to stuff then the C4 turns on and i explode. But i have to say im definatly enjoying the game so far.
Wed 02/07/03 at 15:56
"High polygon count"
Mr Pínk wrote:
> Its supposed to be quite lengthly, any idea how long you've beeen
> playin or how far in you are?

I've been playing for about 14 hours over all, but I've no idea how far through I am. I've just got into The Louvre.
Wed 02/07/03 at 15:56
"High polygon count"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
>
> But over all, it feels like any other TR game to me. Only it looks
> and sounds better.
>
> That's gonna be one of the reason why it's being slated by the critics
> then. Core were billing it up to be some amazingly innovative take on
> Tomb Raider games, that will change the way we look at Lara Croft
> forever. When in actual fact it's just another half-assed carbon copy
> of the previous games

Not what I meant at all, and certainly not a half-assed game!

Being the same as previous TR's in terms of gameplay is no bad thing at all. The 'feel' works, so why change it? Much like any platformer feels the same as any other.

This feels the same in terms of gameplay, but is bigger and better. The game has moved away from the old 'building blocks' lego style - the previous games were always set in 3D grids, if you know what I mean. The design is now much more natural.

Basically, they've made some positive changes, while keeping the general feel of the TR games. Which in my view is a good thing. They've changed enough to make a noticeable difference, while keeping the fundamental elements that make Tomb Raider what it is. Evolution rather than revolution.
Wed 02/07/03 at 15:36
Regular
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:

> But over all, it feels like any other TR game to me. Only it looks
> and sounds better.

That's gonna be one of the reason why it's being slated by the critics then. Core were billing it up to be some amazingly innovative take on Tomb Raider games, that will change the way we look at Lara Croft forever. When in actual fact it's just another half-assed carbon copy of the previous games, with some pretty graphics and a more curvy ass.

Still, if you're enjoying that's all that really matters.
Wed 02/07/03 at 15:31
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Its supposed to be quite lengthly, any idea how long you've beeen playin or how far in you are?
Wed 02/07/03 at 13:57
"High polygon count"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Gamespy said it felt like a Beta version and they couldn't believe it
> was the finished version of the game.

Fair enough.

Some of the buttons have had to be re-allocated because of the new moves (i.e. R1 now draws/holsters the weapons, where it was Triangle before), but it only takes a short time to get used to.

But over all, it feels like any other TR game to me. Only it looks and sounds better.

Just posted a review:

http://uk.special.reserve.co.uk/reviews /customer.php?code=WV9022#WòókieeMøn§†€®

I originally went into more detail, but forgot about SR's 3000 character limit (I don't post many reviews), so it's been heavily pruned. I took out everything about the story (you can find that anywhere) and concentrated on the gameplay.
Wed 02/07/03 at 13:54
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Mine...could be...in the post? *dies of excitement*
Wed 02/07/03 at 13:29
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
The word on the street is that Game greased a few palms to get the game early!
Wed 02/07/03 at 12:04
Regular
Gamespy said it felt like a Beta version and they couldn't believe it was the finished version of the game. I will wait and make up my own mind as I enjoy a challenge and up until Tomb Raider 4 I was a big fan of the series.
Wed 02/07/03 at 11:45
"High polygon count"
Lucio wrote:
> If it is out then how come i haven't received my copy from SR yet i
> pre orderd it.

Two possible answers:

1. If it's supposed to be released this Friday, maybe SR are sticking to the release date. Game's exact words to me were, "We've got stock in today, and we're actually putting it on sale today." So maybe they're not *supposed* to be selling it yet.

2. If stock only arrived with all retailers yesterday, perhaps SR have yet to post it? Or maybe it's in the post?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.