GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I just my PS2 and it kicks GC and Xbox ass!!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 25/06/03 at 21:28
Regular
Seriously. Those controllers are the best thing I've EVER used and the games are unbelieveable. Legends of wrestling and Who wants to be a Millionaire are the best games I've EVER played.

Yay me!
Thu 26/06/03 at 21:38
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
It's almost as bad as the guy that said "People that play on GC's don't know what they're missing".
Thu 26/06/03 at 21:37
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> Heh. It looks like EA are making another epic (3DO) mistake!
>
> Online exclusive to ps2? Kiss goodbye to some chunks of xbox (and GC?)
> sales! Licence or online play? Hmmm, online play for me!

Going by the rate of PS2 sales (even though its still more expensive in parts of the world - like the UK), not producing content for XBox or GC wont make much difference. If the market shares were equal, things would be different, but since PS2 soaks up so much of the market anyway, developers wont loose much by not producing for Xbox or GC.
Thu 26/06/03 at 21:36
Regular
"8==="
True. However I'm more fussed about what I get out of my consoles than how well they sell or how other people enjoy them.
Thu 26/06/03 at 21:34
Regular
Isn't it your bed time yet?
Thu 26/06/03 at 21:32
Regular
So, some of you not bothered about lack of online options in EA games on XBox + GC. Thats fine, but just remember, while you are not bothered about it, a lot of people will be. You can just imagine EA launching an all new game line up, but with online only on PS2. Possibly, EA might not even make the games for XBox or GC anyway.

As for Project Gothama and GT, there is a point that GT can get very boring on some of the long races and challenges. This is not so much an XBox Vs PS2 issue, but one type of car racer against another. Project Gotham is more Arcade, while GT is more life like (with the exception of lack of visible body damage - but thats the fault of the car manufacturers, not Sony or the PS2).
Wed 25/06/03 at 23:14
Regular
"8==="
Borat Sagdiyev wrote:
> Hedfix wrote:
>
> 3DO? the only good thing about that was road rash, with all those
> wicked cut scenes.

Exactly. Although I liked NFS on it. My road rash was too scratched to play. The controller was terrible, like a big CDi pad!
Wed 25/06/03 at 23:12
Regular
"8==="
tigamilla wrote:
> Hedfix is the one, he has changed time in the forum, (see first page
> of thread for some excellnt time bending skills)...
>
> uve earned your black leather coat and super reflective shades

I have haven't I? :D

*Dons daft Budda fool acting system*

I know Kung-Fu.
Wed 25/06/03 at 23:11
Regular
Hedfix wrote:

3DO? the only good thing about that was road rash, with all those wicked cut scenes.
Wed 25/06/03 at 23:09
"High polygon count"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> hopefully the Xbox and GameCube won't go down the route of becoming a
> second rate console system.

Oops, too late!

:-)
Wed 25/06/03 at 23:08
"I love yo... lamp."
I have to saay I like the look of GT4.

I like Bond games! Even the not so good ones.

It's a shame that EA are not going to support Live. But it is their loss.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.