GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Every religion except buddism sucks ass."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/10/01 at 20:27
Regular
Sorry if i insulted you but its true. Buddism is the only religion which hasnt started a war or killed anyone.

Most religions have as one of there founding statements : 'dont kill people for 'ucks sake!

Yet Christianity has killed millions of people, and thats not even counting the 6 million killed by the 'pure, good christian' nazis. And christians like burning people way 2 much

Islam aint much better. Women are treated like piles of crap unless they are in a 1st world country, and terrorists have killed thousands. I cant even begin to count the death toll from there sect fringe wars. Its like red dwarf when the cat people kill each other over the colour of the f'cking hats!

Even the japanese used to use their religion to make an excuse to go into china and rape and kill whatever they could find.

If you put in a religion, i'll find who its killed so far.

Belive what you like, but when you enforce your values on others you become no better than the spanish inquisition,
hitler, or the islamic terrorists.
Thu 18/10/01 at 18:32
Regular
"Death to the Infide"
actually japan has 3 main religions. Christianity, buddism and its original religion. Most japanese comply to a mixture of all three, like we mix christianity with paganism (ie the easter bunny and the christmas tree. All pagan customs)
Thu 18/10/01 at 07:52
Edwin25 wrote:
Even
> the japanese used to use their religion to make an excuse to go into china and
> rape and kill whatever they could find.

aren't the japanese Buddhists (my spelin is rubish too ; )
Wed 17/10/01 at 23:51
Regular
"Death to the Infide"
Well we are all ourselves. Can we be anyone else?

Sos Ant. I do get a little 2 defensive.
I appriciate ur research and knowledege. It is a hard challenge to debate against u, and i like it that way.
Wed 17/10/01 at 22:52
Regular
"You've upset me"
Technically I'm a Protestant. According to my Census I'm a a Jedi and according to me I'm neither of those two. I'm me.
Wed 17/10/01 at 22:41
Regular
"I like cheese"
If you dont like this topic,
> dont reply. Simple enough isnt it?

Well, then the forums wouldn't work well.

I didn't not like the topic, I just disagreed with some of his views, so I replied to it in a civilised matter.

Nothing wrong with that.
Wed 17/10/01 at 21:15
Regular
"Death to the Infide"
As for your 'nazi wernt christans' view, how come the church didnt stop the holocaust? why didn't the pope denounce the worlds most evil man? Surely holy men should have stopped the worlds darkest hour? Or did they just sit back, humor hitler and forget the suffering? Anyway 'italy' the home of catholism was a nazi ally, so seeming as catholics agreed with the nazi way, it must have been 'christian'.

If this is such a stupid argument, why has it been going on for milennia. Just cause i wont be burned or stoned to death for my view's doesnt mean you can discredit an important point.

Wicker...thats the pagan thingy isnt it. Sorry, to be honest i've only got a vague idea on those religions, so i cant use them to argue or argue against them.

If you dont like this topic, dont reply. Simple enough isnt it?
Wed 17/10/01 at 21:07
Regular
"Death to the Infide"
Well said. Its just like in terry prachett's book 'Small gods'. To be honest thats the best religious book ever written.
Tue 16/10/01 at 22:49
Ant wrote:

>Yep, but not proper ones.
They believed they were ! Which is back to what weve both said about people being the problem.

>Or perhaps they took the Bible word
> for word...I'm not sure, I haven't heard much about it.
Basically the church decided that this old god a lot of people respected and followed wasn't a god anymore but this thing called the Devil, who coincidentally looked just like this old god, which was handy for the church. So if you knew about this old god, who was now completely evil according to the church, then you were a witch. Or if your neighbours didnt like you then you were a witch, or if you maybe suggested to the church they had got things wrong then you were obviously a witch. The church said that christianity was the only religion, and if you dared to say otherwise then...well you can guess. A good book is "Triumpth Of The Moon" by Ronald Hutton.

>Doesn't matter now
> though, really.

Thats subjective.
Tue 16/10/01 at 22:34
Regular
"I like cheese"
Stranger In Paradise wrote:
> Didnt even know about that one.... was referring to 15th-17th century when the
> Christian Church was responsible for between 30 000 - 100 000 deaths of women,
> children and men they accused of witchcraft with little proof. Now they were
> definitely Christians.

Yep, but not proper ones.

Or perhaps they took the Bible word for word...I'm not sure, I haven't heard much about it.

Doesn't matter now though, really.
Tue 16/10/01 at 22:32
Didnt even know about that one.... was referring to 15th-17th century when the Christian Church was responsible for between 30 000 - 100 000 deaths of women, children and men they accused of witchcraft with little proof. Now they were definitely Christians.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.