GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Every religion except buddism sucks ass."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/10/01 at 20:27
Regular
Sorry if i insulted you but its true. Buddism is the only religion which hasnt started a war or killed anyone.

Most religions have as one of there founding statements : 'dont kill people for 'ucks sake!

Yet Christianity has killed millions of people, and thats not even counting the 6 million killed by the 'pure, good christian' nazis. And christians like burning people way 2 much

Islam aint much better. Women are treated like piles of crap unless they are in a 1st world country, and terrorists have killed thousands. I cant even begin to count the death toll from there sect fringe wars. Its like red dwarf when the cat people kill each other over the colour of the f'cking hats!

Even the japanese used to use their religion to make an excuse to go into china and rape and kill whatever they could find.

If you put in a religion, i'll find who its killed so far.

Belive what you like, but when you enforce your values on others you become no better than the spanish inquisition,
hitler, or the islamic terrorists.
Sat 20/10/01 at 23:55
Regular
"Death to the Infide"
yes, well i see a beliver of wiccan with a lightsabre, i 'll belive in the jedi! :-)

Your point on the bible/religion is very true, but here is a philsophic question just to baffle ya

'How can God (any god) be omnipotent? For example can god create a rock he cannot lift? Well then he cant lift all the rocks in the universe. And if he cant create a rock he cant lift, then that is something he cant do, making omnipotence immpossible.'

Lets see ya answer that one!
Sat 20/10/01 at 20:52
Religion doesn't exist, it is defined by people. To some degree a lot of religions ignore the bible because it is in itself the tool of one aspect of a religion. Over history it has been changed here and there to suit those in power at the time, for instance the line "thou shalt not suffer a witch" actually used to be "thou shalt not suffer a poisoner" but when the change was made it suited the needs of those in power. The idea of the "force" is kind of something that can be part of wiccan beliefs that their is a form of magic, life, power, around us and in the universe which can be called upon. (I don't know the exact details so please be gentle anyone who proves me wrong here !) Not all personal religions go wrong but some will, to a degree everyone who believes in a religion has their own personal religion. That is a good thing but as history has shown it can also be bad. Religion can mask other more mortal needs, in the case of Colonialism it was a damn good excuse to grab land, the Nazis used it start a bid for world domination, the Witchhunts were a convenient way of destroying opposing faiths and so on. But remember that whilst the Nazis partly used religion to start a war it was the faith of many other people that helped them endure the war and believe in victory. Religion always gives those who believe a morality, its how that morality is interpreted that is the problem !
Sat 20/10/01 at 20:25
Regular
"Death to the Infide"
Well i dont think anybody except those in a mental aslum really belive in the 'force' and medi-chlorian counts. Its just some big joke. :-)

And you have to be careful how you interpret 'personal' religion as it can go very wrong. the nazi's had their own personal spin on christianity, and so do the army of god. They just blatantly ignore huge areas of the bible and general morality for their own peverted use. They suck.

Personally i dont think religion technically exists. Ideas do. If u wont to belive in god, go ahead, i dont care, just please dont hurt or kill anybody!
Sat 20/10/01 at 19:51
Edwin25 wrote:
>Is it true that is enough people say they are jedi, they >have to make it
> a proper religion?

Maybe, the point of religion is not necessarily that others officially recognise you, more that you believe in it and know what it stands for and means. If you believe then anything is possible and others views will not matter.
Sat 20/10/01 at 14:38
Regular
"Death to the Infide"
Let the jedi rule!

Ahem. I dont think jedi actually counts as a religion now does it?

More like a cult. (howeverif they give me a free lightsabre, im in!)

Is it true that is enough people say they are jedi, they have to make it a proper religion?
Sat 20/10/01 at 10:09
Regular
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> Technically I'm a Protestant. According to my Census I'm a a Jedi and according
> to me I'm neither of those two. I'm me.

did you also put jedi on your census?
i did am protestant/ christian but i hardly go church now about once a month
Sat 20/10/01 at 10:04
Regular
"I like cheese"
Edwin25 wrote:
> Well we are all ourselves. Can we be anyone else?

Sos Ant. I do get a little
> 2 defensive.
I appriciate ur research and knowledege. It is a hard challenge to
> debate against u, and i like it that way.

Lol, I don't research much. I probably don't know much more than most about Christianity, apart from how God actually affects my life.

No worries, I get a little defensive about my religion too. During an RS lesson once, my teacher was explaining the Christian (and her) view on Abortion, and talked about how we were created. This boy (who's sort of part the 'cool' gang in my year,) leant over and said, "Does she really believe in all this crap?"

I didn't know what to say. :D
Fri 19/10/01 at 21:48
Regular
"Death to the Infide"
thank you.
Fri 19/10/01 at 21:43
Edwin25 wrote:
> im sorry if i gave you the all wrong impression. Religions only suck a'ss
> because a load of 'icks run them. Unfortunatly with hitler and army of god being
> christian, they ruin your good name. And The same goes for osama bin laden and
> Islam.

Most people are 'icks. So alot of 'icks get in power by the law of
> averages. That is why the world sucks.

Luckly buddism is devoid of dic's
> because it actually requires mandatory work. So lazy slacer ameriacan cant be
> a***'d.

Valid point.
Fri 19/10/01 at 21:34
Regular
"Death to the Infide"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.