GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Every religion except buddism sucks ass."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/10/01 at 20:27
Regular
Sorry if i insulted you but its true. Buddism is the only religion which hasnt started a war or killed anyone.

Most religions have as one of there founding statements : 'dont kill people for 'ucks sake!

Yet Christianity has killed millions of people, and thats not even counting the 6 million killed by the 'pure, good christian' nazis. And christians like burning people way 2 much

Islam aint much better. Women are treated like piles of crap unless they are in a 1st world country, and terrorists have killed thousands. I cant even begin to count the death toll from there sect fringe wars. Its like red dwarf when the cat people kill each other over the colour of the f'cking hats!

Even the japanese used to use their religion to make an excuse to go into china and rape and kill whatever they could find.

If you put in a religion, i'll find who its killed so far.

Belive what you like, but when you enforce your values on others you become no better than the spanish inquisition,
hitler, or the islamic terrorists.
Wed 24/10/01 at 20:06
Regular
"Death to the Infide"
PERSONAL belife is very good, and can hold you together (if not warped)

RELIGION enforced on you from the day you are born, sucks.

EVERYTHING is or should be your own choice, as long as those choices dont hurt others.

From what i've read in here, everybody agrees with these three points.
Tue 23/10/01 at 21:10
Regular
"Wasting away"
Ant wrote:

If you look closely enough, there's lots ofevidence. Probably more than the evolution theory. Jesus has been proved to have existed (whether he was the son of God or not is down to opinion,)

I didn't mean Jesus as I've watched all of that discovery channel information about how they have proof of his existence, but I'm on about God. There are many contradictions in the bible and all of this, and also the fact that it was wrote over several centuries, but I'm not here to argue about religion I'm here to try to understand. Where you brought up as a Christain or was it your own choice? I've been brought up in a very laid back family and therefore it makes me just so lazy, perhaps not a good thing but something that is true. So what about yourself?
Tue 23/10/01 at 19:38
Regular
"I like cheese"
Mr Nice Guy wrote:
> I mean no disrespect Ant, it's just I don't believe in anything myself. I
> personally can't see how you can believe in something where there is no proof of
> it's existance, but I just wanted to ask you this. When you say you've seen
> God, then how do you see 'him'. How have you been affected by this.

If you look closely enough, there's lots of evidence. Probably more than the evolution theory. Jesus has been proved to have existed (whether he was the son of God or not is down to opinion,) and you ask how I've 'seen' God?? When you see people breaking down and crying just from praying to God for half an hour, you'll know what I mean.

And that's 'good' crying, if you know what I mean. {:)
Mon 22/10/01 at 10:05
Regular
"I love Dave music"
I may be wrong, so don't shoot me down in flames if I am, but didn't Jedi register more "votes" in the census than Atheism and Paganism? I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere.

My view is that religion is fine, as long as you don't try to force your views on others. I don't believe at all, but I have no problem with others believing until they start to try to force their views on me.
Mon 22/10/01 at 00:04
Regular
"Death to the Infide"
ok ok. Its cool man. :-)
Sun 21/10/01 at 19:05
When I was on about believing to make it work it wasn't me having a go at you - I meant in general terms only ! Sorry if I offended :(
Sun 21/10/01 at 18:43
Regular
"Death to the Infide"
Stranger In Paradise wrote:
> Simple, some religions
> like Christianity believe god is omnipotent - they beleive and have faith that
> what the bible says is ,to a degree, true. Faith is about believing when
> everything else is contradictory. Other religions do not beleive in just one god
> but a pantheon. The idea god is omnnipotent is a religious idea - you need
> religion to believe, if you dont beleive it doesnt work.

hey, it was only a ancient philosophical question i put in as a joke. All religions depend on blind faith anyway. I dont pesonally belive in a god in the christian sense, as i have seen no real proof. The bible seems to say 'sit down and shut up' to any queries. I am sure however there is something just out of the range of being tangible, that exists and has a significant impact on us. However, what this is or how it exists is beyound human imagination or explaination. It doesnt love us and it doesnt affect us in large, obvious ways. Its hard to explain.

Think 'Gaia' theory and youv'e practically got it.
Sun 21/10/01 at 12:15
Regular
"Wasting away"
I mean no disrespect Ant, it's just I don't believe in anything myself. I personally can't see how you can believe in something where there is no proof of it's existance, but I just wanted to ask you this. When you say you've seen God, then how do you see 'him'. How have you been affected by this.

And as for the topic, every war today is because of religion. No matter who or why that is the main cause. Just look at the war at the moment, it's all because people wanted to be with 'Allah' that has made America kill innocent civilians. It doens't matter who you are, we are all as capable as the next man.
Sun 21/10/01 at 12:07
Regular
"I like cheese"
"Seeing is believing."

Christians (obviously,) don't believe that. I have seen God, but in a different way. I've seen how he's affected people's lives, including my own.
Sun 21/10/01 at 11:17
Edwin25 wrote:
'How can God (any god) be omnipotent?
> For example can god create a rock he cannot lift? Well then he cant lift all the
> rocks in the universe. And if he cant create a rock he cant lift, then that is
> something he cant do, making omnipotence immpossible.'
Simple, some religions like Christianity believe god is omnipotent - they beleive and have faith that what the bible says is ,to a degree, true. Faith is about believing when everything else is contradictory. Other religions do not beleive in just one god but a pantheon. The idea god is omnnipotent is a religious idea - you need religion to believe, if you dont beleive it doesnt work.

!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.