GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Every religion except buddism sucks ass."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/10/01 at 20:27
Regular
Sorry if i insulted you but its true. Buddism is the only religion which hasnt started a war or killed anyone.

Most religions have as one of there founding statements : 'dont kill people for 'ucks sake!

Yet Christianity has killed millions of people, and thats not even counting the 6 million killed by the 'pure, good christian' nazis. And christians like burning people way 2 much

Islam aint much better. Women are treated like piles of crap unless they are in a 1st world country, and terrorists have killed thousands. I cant even begin to count the death toll from there sect fringe wars. Its like red dwarf when the cat people kill each other over the colour of the f'cking hats!

Even the japanese used to use their religion to make an excuse to go into china and rape and kill whatever they could find.

If you put in a religion, i'll find who its killed so far.

Belive what you like, but when you enforce your values on others you become no better than the spanish inquisition,
hitler, or the islamic terrorists.
Mon 15/10/01 at 20:27
Regular
"Death to the Infide"
Sorry if i insulted you but its true. Buddism is the only religion which hasnt started a war or killed anyone.

Most religions have as one of there founding statements : 'dont kill people for 'ucks sake!

Yet Christianity has killed millions of people, and thats not even counting the 6 million killed by the 'pure, good christian' nazis. And christians like burning people way 2 much

Islam aint much better. Women are treated like piles of crap unless they are in a 1st world country, and terrorists have killed thousands. I cant even begin to count the death toll from there sect fringe wars. Its like red dwarf when the cat people kill each other over the colour of the f'cking hats!

Even the japanese used to use their religion to make an excuse to go into china and rape and kill whatever they could find.

If you put in a religion, i'll find who its killed so far.

Belive what you like, but when you enforce your values on others you become no better than the spanish inquisition,
hitler, or the islamic terrorists.
Tue 16/10/01 at 01:48
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Ironic thread heading seeing as the central tenant of Buddhism (nice spelling by the way) is one of peace and not forcing your values on anyone else.

Buddhism is about trying to understand yourself and the place within this world.
However there have been wars waged in the name of Buddhist doctrine. Intially, from the Chang Dynasty of 700 AD the Shaolin Temple and Wu-Tang decided that each temple and church had differing values of Sikarth's teachings, so they engaged in combat.
Hence the birth of Martial Arts.
They then became part of Feudal era Japan's war, and although they didnt start it, they did fight ferociously when The Mongols invaded, driving them out.

Basically, it's only The Chinese that have managed to invade Tibet through the forced exile of the Dalai Llama.
The Buddhists, although generally peaceful, do not shy away from war if necessary.

But as Boddhivista message of "Peace through understanding" is certainly noble, the many years of internal conflicts by various feudal families does not excuse Buddhism from aggressive behaviour.
Tue 16/10/01 at 11:18
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Edwin25 wrote:
Yet Christianity has killed
> millions of people, and thats not even counting the 6 million killed by the
> 'pure, good christian' nazis. And christians like burning people way 2
> much

Sorry but what utter drivel. In what sense were Nazis 'pure, good Christians'. I'm sure that is totally incorrect, not to say defamatory and offensive.

And anyway, Islam doesn't treat women like crap. The Koran was very progressive when it comes to women (for the time). The cuture of nations and societies has shaped these predjudices and abuses. Societies shape belief to their own image (look at the differences between the modern permissive Protestant church and the reformation of Martin Luther - religion is not immutable). It is too simple to blame religion when it it simply a veil thrown over more deep seated issues (in Ireland for example, people are not throwing bombs at each other over their differing interpretations of the Eucharist).
Tue 16/10/01 at 11:33
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Yeah, what Loki said.
Tue 16/10/01 at 19:18
Regular
"Death to the Infide"
Well, goatboy i can see why you are a notable. But still, Buddism (my spellin' is crap but who cares? :-) ) hasnt really CAUSED any wars has it? No religion is completely non violent, but the only one i can see which has stuck to its values against insane mobs and regimes is buddism.

As for the nazi's, there whole culture was based on the fact that they were the pure aryan race, and God's ultimate creation. By killing off lower races, they were the best christians of all in their eyes. If u check out any nazi website, u will see they still keep that belief today.

As for the Islam (due respect for however wrote the koran from right to left, that must have been hard!) they do treat women as a lower class, but most religions have had a period of that 'women hating' as a result of society rather than dogma. However, i do find that making women wear something all the time, no matter what it is, is wrong. They should have the choice. I sure as hell wouldnt want to have acid thrown on my face for not wearing a cross.
Tue 16/10/01 at 19:49
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Notable?

Not me mate.
I wasn't attacking your post mate, just trying to clarify the Buddhist standpoint.
Tue 16/10/01 at 20:39
Surely it is people who cause wars, not religion ? People interpret the religion in their own way and act in accordance with their beliefs of that religion. It's great to say religion is the source of wars but its the people believing in forms of that religion. And I don't believe Wicca has ever started any wars either ?
Tue 16/10/01 at 21:46
Regular
"I like cheese"
People interpret religion in the wrong way. Not religons's fault, the people's fault.

And calling Nazi's christains?? When did God say that people with only blonde hair and blue eyes were allowed to live??

I'd have to agree with loki there, total drivel.

And burning people?? That's going back a far way isn't it. :D
Tue 16/10/01 at 22:08
Ant wrote:
>And burning people?? That's going back a far way isn't
> it. :D

Still doesn't make it okay though ! Of course it'd be convenient if it was forgotten about.......
Tue 16/10/01 at 22:16
Regular
"I like cheese"
Stranger In Paradise wrote:
> Ant wrote:
>And burning people?? That's going back a far way isn't
> it.
> :D

Still doesn't make it okay though ! Of course it'd be convenient if it was
> forgotten about.......

I guess we're talking about Protestants and Catholics..

Well, I'm a Christian, and I'm not either of them. And some people blamed christainty for those protestants throwing weapons at the catholics on the way to school. Well, over half the people who took part in it probably aren't Christians anyway. Just some stupid argument that I prefer to ignore.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.