GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Recommend me some games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 29/06/03 at 22:21
Regular
OK.. got meself a spanking new pc and looking to start up my PC games collection.

Where the hell do I begin?

Dont mind the genre - anything except adventure games where you have to build up your mantra or cast spells or any of that crap.

I shall listen, think, then buy.
Wed 02/07/03 at 07:56
Regular
"Acid Casual"
Which I do... but from what I heard I wont have a life after.

Battlefield and Vietcong sound great. I shall add them to my list.
Wed 02/07/03 at 16:13
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
All the FIFA games, but especially FIFA 98 and World Cup 98, because the controls were perfected in those games, and got stiff in sequels thereafter. Plus they're cheap.
Thu 03/07/03 at 17:46
Regular
"Acid Casual"
On order

Vietcong
Mafia
Battlefield

and

Championship Manager 4
Thu 03/07/03 at 21:26
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Champ Manager 4- So good it's got its own thread!
Thu 03/07/03 at 23:04
Regular
"I see you"
cipro wrote:
> Max Payne (because it's better than the matrix game, and you can
> download tons of additions for it online)

Download the Kung Fu add-on for this, it's excellent!!
Fri 04/07/03 at 07:47
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Apparently Max Payne 2 will include facial expressions; anyone know when it's out? In the original he hardly moved his face at all.
Fri 04/07/03 at 12:04
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Silent Assassin wrote:
> cipro wrote:
> Max Payne (because it's better than the matrix game, and you can
> download tons of additions for it online)
>
> Download the Kung Fu add-on for this, it's excellent!!

I did, and it is quite fun beating up enemies with kung-fu moves rather than fire power. I always liked the matrix mods though, because I loved playing through the lobby shootout level that someone had painstakingly remade.

Also, Max Payne 2 should be out the end of of October this year, and I'm already pre-ordering the thing now. I hope they use a modified version of the kung-fu mod, because that would be brilliant.
Fri 04/07/03 at 16:17
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
And it would be great if you could paralyse enemies as well...
Fri 04/07/03 at 18:18
Regular
"Acid Casual"
Arrived today...

Vietcong
Mafia
Tomb Raider AOD
CM4
Jedi Knight 2

Oh yes a good weekend ahead..!
Fri 04/07/03 at 19:33
Regular
this is the first time I have been in a chat room so I hope I am doing it right and sending a message to you as you seem to know a lot about Max Payne. I have got to level 2 chapter 2 and am stuck. How do I get out of the container yard as the bridge is up and whatever I do I can't keep it down. I would be very grateful if you could advise as it is driving me mad!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.