GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Recommend me some games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 29/06/03 at 22:21
Regular
OK.. got meself a spanking new pc and looking to start up my PC games collection.

Where the hell do I begin?

Dont mind the genre - anything except adventure games where you have to build up your mantra or cast spells or any of that crap.

I shall listen, think, then buy.
Tue 01/07/03 at 14:59
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Well, I was just thinking that a lot of Battlefield was large, generally open areas, with lots of vehicles blowing the hell out of each other. Isn't Vietnam the complete opposite to this? What with the sneaking through the jungle and silently hoping there aren't 40 vietnamese guerrillas behind that next bush?
Tue 01/07/03 at 15:00
Regular
"-Lance-Vance-Dance-"
-------> GRAND THEFT AUTO Vice City <-------
The graphical differences between Vice City and GTA III are minor, but the breath of freedom is tangible - the game starts off with the lead character involved in a cocaine deal for Christ's sake! You can use screwdrivers as weapons. You can take a chainsaw onto a golf course and kill OAPs! You can go on a rampage in a shopping mall and you can even drop a helicopter onto the heads of innocent prostitutes who are talking to police officers. It's like, not only do we get the joke, but so do the people who would spurn our tax-money in wasted debate...
Tue 01/07/03 at 15:02
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Neo *AND* Morpheus.

There are two of you?!
Tue 01/07/03 at 15:07
Regular
Rise of Nations
Tue 01/07/03 at 15:55
Regular
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> Well, I was just thinking that a lot of Battlefield was large,
> generally open areas, with lots of vehicles blowing the hell out of
> each other. Isn't Vietnam the complete opposite to this? What with the
> sneaking through the jungle and silently hoping there aren't 40
> vietnamese guerrillas behind that next bush?

Its not only vehicles you know, theres also mortars, gun turrets etc and sometimes hand to hand combat is needed to secure checkpoints :P
Tue 01/07/03 at 16:29
"I love yo... lamp."
Red Alert.
Tue 01/07/03 at 20:29
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Unreal Tournament
Railroad Tycoon I/Deluxe/II
Grand Theft Auto series
Age of Empires series

Need I say more?
Tue 01/07/03 at 21:56
Regular
Rise of Nations.
Tue 01/07/03 at 21:57
Cm4
Tue 01/07/03 at 22:11
Regular
If he likes football......

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.