GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Recommend me some games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 29/06/03 at 22:21
Regular
OK.. got meself a spanking new pc and looking to start up my PC games collection.

Where the hell do I begin?

Dont mind the genre - anything except adventure games where you have to build up your mantra or cast spells or any of that crap.

I shall listen, think, then buy.
Tue 08/07/03 at 17:50
Regular
"Acid Casual"
Damn machine blue screened me gotta start vietcong all over again
Tue 08/07/03 at 16:02
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
As well as that, are there any sites I can download it from?
Mon 07/07/03 at 16:49
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Der Nazi wrote:
> Anyone got any idea where I could get Little Big Adventure 2? I found
> the demo fantastic. It is a relatively old game, from 1998.

Had a look around a few of the usual sites and didn't have much luck. Would seem ebay is your best bet at present, 4 or 5 on there at present.
Mon 07/07/03 at 16:19
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Anyone got any idea where I could get Little Big Adventure 2? I found the demo fantastic. It is a relatively old game, from 1998.
Sun 06/07/03 at 20:20
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Solskjær wrote:
> If you're looking for a decent RPG to play, you could try and
> track-down the 2 Little Big Adventure (LBA) games, which have been
> around for quite some time, now.

Gotta tell you man, they really aren’t RPG's
Sun 06/07/03 at 17:31
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Yeah, Vietcong is a great shoot em up, I loved the mission structure, enviroments and suprisingly good A.I. It makes for some tense and exciting battles, and the final level is utterly chaotic.
Sun 06/07/03 at 09:35
Regular
"Acid Casual"
Its safe to say that Vietcong has taken over my life at the moment - aint even gotten round to installing the other games..!
Sat 05/07/03 at 19:24
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I don't see whats stopping Remedy making their own kung-fu moves for the game, they certainly have the resources to do it. I also hope there are some vehicular missions in the sequel this time round, in whatever form, although I just hope that if there are they won't be as annoying as the driving missions in the Matric game.

Also I remeber watching an early video for the first Max Payne game a long while ago, it certainly looked different to what it turned out to be. Non of the constipated facial expressions, a couple of enemies who had some pretty heavy firepower, and some leather clad biker holding a sub-machine gun on a dirt bike.
Sat 05/07/03 at 00:22
Regular
"I see you"
cipro wrote:
> Also, Max Payne 2 should be out the end of of October this year, and
> I'm already pre-ordering the thing now. I hope they use a modified
> version of the kung-fu mod, because that would be brilliant.

No chance of this, unless the guy who wrote the kung fu add-on for max payne writes one for max payne 2. I do know that if you run out of ammo in the game you can use your gun as a club.
Fri 04/07/03 at 19:33
Regular
this is the first time I have been in a chat room so I hope I am doing it right and sending a message to you as you seem to know a lot about Max Payne. I have got to level 2 chapter 2 and am stuck. How do I get out of the container yard as the bridge is up and whatever I do I can't keep it down. I would be very grateful if you could advise as it is driving me mad!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.