GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Half-Life 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Half-Life 2'.
Mon 30/06/03 at 00:39
Regular
I can't believe that no one here is talking about this game, am i the only one who can't wait till september when the game is released?
Sun 13/07/03 at 14:46
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
But it'll run fine on GeForce FX, if what the poster in SR's magazine is telling me is correct.
Sun 13/07/03 at 14:39
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Half-Life 2 is Radeon 9800 Pro optimized.
Sun 13/07/03 at 14:37
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Birthday in a month, so I should get cash for a GeForce FX, then I'm all set :D
Sun 13/07/03 at 12:57
Regular
"Selected"
It's gonna be fun playing through something as fun as Half-Life 2, then getting to play an original take on the whole idea for free (It'll cost nothing, I assume)
Sat 12/07/03 at 18:16
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Mods are what have kept Half-Life so popular over the past five years, if it wasn't for mods like Team Fortress, Day of Defeat and Natural Selection, I'd have uninstalled the game a long time ago.

It's great news to hear that Valve are just as keen to develop another strong multiplayer community for Half-Life 2 as they where developing the single player game over the years. I for one can't wait to see the results some of these modders come up with, especially with the source engine.
Thu 10/07/03 at 22:44
Regular
Quite true, although people say that UT2003 is not quite great ( i will have to see when i play it) it's engine is perfect for mods.
Thu 10/07/03 at 22:39
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Re the co-op mode, to quote the head of the development team, "No". Certainly not on the PC version at least, although he mentioned a mod being made which may support it.

Mods are fantastic things imo, the HL2 developers are working as closely as possible witht he major modding teams to get good add ons, and...well, I'm going to have to agree with Sniper, Red Faction isn't fit to Lick Half Life's...yeah.
Thu 10/07/03 at 22:08
Regular
Red Faction? lol doesnt compared to half life.
Thu 10/07/03 at 21:30
Regular
Is HL2 going to be better than Red Faction? I have some RF fans who complain that HL has too many mods which make it difficult for others to join in games. But I also hear others who like HL say HL2 will be much better than RF. So I'm asking what you guys think here.
Mon 07/07/03 at 22:57
Regular
"I see you"
Yes they did have to keep Vampire: Bloodlines under wraps until Half-Life 2 was announced due to using the source engine also i've heard that instead of slipping Half-Life 2 may even arrive early. I bloody hope it does!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.