GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Half-Life 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Half-Life 2'.
Mon 30/06/03 at 00:39
Regular
I can't believe that no one here is talking about this game, am i the only one who can't wait till september when the game is released?
Mon 14/07/03 at 19:07
Regular
"bing bang bong"
I doubt I'll ever spend more than £100-£150 on a graphics card, as they just aren't worth that much - in a couple of years your Radeon 9800 will be worth a fraction of what it is now. I just couldn't handle hosing that kind of money away, particularly given the games I play.
Mon 14/07/03 at 11:57
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Like hell, I worked 5 days a week for the first 2 weeks of my summer holiday for that, I'm back to being broke now =P Needed a new card though, as my old graphics card was freezing up every few hours due to running at 95C. Thought I may as well save and get a good card that'll last a while, that's by no means a throw away amount of cash to me either, heh.

Still stands though, considering it's a card that can hold its own in a lot of tests against an FX5900 ultra, which often weighs in over £400, I'd say it's excellent for that price.
Mon 14/07/03 at 08:26
Regular
"bing bang bong"
fiƒi[oV] wrote:
> Oh, and a radeon 9800pro is £280 and falling...Very nice at the
> price too.

*** RICH PERSON ALERT ***

Note that the only game I've ever heard of the CPU being the bottleneck for is UT2K3, all other games hit the limit of the graphics card first.
Mon 14/07/03 at 07:10
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Rich sod.

:D
Mon 14/07/03 at 00:12
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Note to consider when buying a new graphics card, make sure your CPU is able to make use of it. I'm still limited to around 60fps in UT2k3 botmatch, because I'm only running an XP1700 - usually overclocked to XP2600, but bloody weather preventing this at the moment..And before anyone says "Why do you need more than 60FPS?", it's an example of the CPU being the limiting factor in what would otherwise go a lot faster, and I know damn well that even with a r9800pro Doom 3 will strulle on this CPU..

Oh, and a radeon 9800pro is £280 and falling...Very nice at the price too.
Sun 13/07/03 at 20:27
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Heh :D
Sun 13/07/03 at 16:32
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I'll be upgrading to a new graphics card as well in the next month or so, especially for Half-Life 2, although I could also use if for the other games which will be released over the next few months.
Sun 13/07/03 at 14:53
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Anything is better than a GF2 :)
Sun 13/07/03 at 14:50
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Of course it will, but not as well as it would on a Radeon. :D
Besides, ATi 0wn.
Sun 13/07/03 at 14:49
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Plus, me nor my parents have £350+ to spare :|

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.