GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The forum has been classified...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 13/10/01 at 19:37
Regular
Over the past few months that i have been here i have noticed this.
Newbies-just a little bit on the side to toy with.
Regular-Newbies listen to us or we will toy with you.
Notable-We rule lick our feet
Tony-You talkin' to me.

Apart from the classification of these people above there are others. Everyone is classified, if you see ant has replied to a post and it is on the top of the board you reply, if it is me you look at it and think i'll have a look later. Maybe because they are Notables but nevertheless. The regulars are there own little community, with lots of suffiecient people who get the job done and the people who come on 3-4 times a week who are treated like a newbie. I am not saying that newbies are inferior or anything like that but the tags don't show what they meen and i am getting woried that we won't be classified by this way properly ever again as the system isn't being monitered enough.

There are Regulars who have feuds with Newbies, there are newbies who try to hold out there own battles and do this until they are regulars(spamming). I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but I have......
Sun 14/10/01 at 12:10
Regular
In fact, this is a good time to say:

I told you so!
Sun 14/10/01 at 12:10
Regular
Mr Nice Guy wrote:
> Why was it used to start with then Edgy?

Because no one listened!
Sun 14/10/01 at 12:05
Regular
"360: swfcman"
You have to say though is it really that bad of a problem? Yes, alot of people take these forums seriously and should as there a great place, but many are starting to turn the colour of there names into very big problem.

If you were newbie who came here, posted some good stuff, but then got abused by a regular, you should just show you were mature enough to ignore that and keep working to become a regular.
Sun 14/10/01 at 12:00
Regular
"Wasting away"
Why was it used to start with then Edgy? It is just a small case of discrimination if you want to put it in a serious manner. Ok so it's only reading posts, and I suppose actually it's prejudice. Because of there tag saying 'Newbie' makes them a worse person then a 'Regular'.

I don't care what the difference is but I think it would have been better if they never got it. Then no one would be better then the next and we'd be living in a communist world.
Sun 14/10/01 at 11:53
Regular
Quazimodo wrote:
> Over the past few months that i have been here i have noticed
> this.
Newbies-just a little bit on the side to toy with.
Regular-Newbies
> listen to us or we will toy with you.
Notable-We rule lick our feet
Tony-You
> talkin' to me.

I knew this was going to happen as soon as the system was first used on here.

No one listened though, did they?
Sun 14/10/01 at 11:12
Regular
"Wasting away"
ssxpro wrote:
> I don`t agree with what you said Quazi. I think it may apply to some people, but
> not all. The colour of the name tag of the person I`m talking to never matters
> to me at all. The only thing I do that "classifies" people is that I
> will read topics with interesting titles, or started by people I get on well
> with.

I don`t visit the FOG very often, so when I do, I look for interesting
> stuff only. It might be a topic started by meka dragon, or one with an
> interesting title such as this.

Yes I'll have to agree with you on that one. The title will intrest people if I set up a thread saying 'Fiddlesticks' it isn't going to attract many people although your curiosity might make it so you must enter. As for the names, I read everything that happens on FOG whether it be by FFF or Ant, I ain't bothered as long as there is something to comment on and it isn't complete SPAM.
Sun 14/10/01 at 11:09
Regular
I don`t agree with what you said Quazi. I think it may apply to some people, but not all. The colour of the name tag of the person I`m talking to never matters to me at all. The only thing I do that "classifies" people is that I will read topics with interesting titles, or started by people I get on well with.

I don`t visit the FOG very often, so when I do, I look for interesting stuff only. It might be a topic started by meka dragon, or one with an interesting title such as this. I thought that this topic meant the forum had been classified by some sort of governing body, and that each forum was now graded or something!
Sun 14/10/01 at 11:00
Regular
shaneo wrote:
> Quazimodo wrote:
> Ant wrote:
> shaneo wrote:
> I am No. 1 on Top
> 100 posters now in the
> last 30 days...for
> words. I wish that
>
> more emphasis was put on the
> words, not just the
> posts.

Yeah, I'm
> 1st on the All-time one, but it
> does seem as though the
> number of
> posts are emphasised more.

Perhaps
> when you actually open the
> page
> it should have the word count
> first?

What are you on
> about??
Never mind.

Ok then
Sun 14/10/01 at 10:35
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
Stryke wrote:
> Heh, cheers mate. But you're still written out of the story! Muaha.

Nooooo!!! You're a sick, sick boy!
Sun 14/10/01 at 10:34
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
Quazimodo wrote:
> Ant wrote:
> shaneo wrote:
> I am No. 1 on Top 100 posters now in the
> last 30 days...for
> words. I wish that
> more emphasis was put on the
> words, not just the
> posts.

Yeah, I'm 1st on the All-time one, but it
> does seem as though the
> number of posts are emphasised more.

Perhaps
> when you actually open the page
> it should have the word count
> first?

What are you on about??
Never mind.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.