GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The forum has been classified...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 13/10/01 at 19:37
Regular
Over the past few months that i have been here i have noticed this.
Newbies-just a little bit on the side to toy with.
Regular-Newbies listen to us or we will toy with you.
Notable-We rule lick our feet
Tony-You talkin' to me.

Apart from the classification of these people above there are others. Everyone is classified, if you see ant has replied to a post and it is on the top of the board you reply, if it is me you look at it and think i'll have a look later. Maybe because they are Notables but nevertheless. The regulars are there own little community, with lots of suffiecient people who get the job done and the people who come on 3-4 times a week who are treated like a newbie. I am not saying that newbies are inferior or anything like that but the tags don't show what they meen and i am getting woried that we won't be classified by this way properly ever again as the system isn't being monitered enough.

There are Regulars who have feuds with Newbies, there are newbies who try to hold out there own battles and do this until they are regulars(spamming). I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but I have......
Sun 14/10/01 at 10:26
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
Ant wrote:
> shaneo wrote:
> I am No. 1 on Top 100 posters now in the last 30 days...for
> words. I wish that
> more emphasis was put on the words, not just the
> posts.

Yeah, I'm 1st on the All-time one, but it does seem as though the
> number of posts are emphasised more.

Perhaps when you actually open the page
> it should have the word count first?

Yeah, I think it should.
Sun 14/10/01 at 10:22
Regular
Ant wrote:
> shaneo wrote:
> I am No. 1 on Top 100 posters now in the last 30 days...for
> words. I wish that
> more emphasis was put on the words, not just the
> posts.

Yeah, I'm 1st on the All-time one, but it does seem as though the
> number of posts are emphasised more.

Perhaps when you actually open the page
> it should have the word count first?

What are you on about??
Sun 14/10/01 at 10:08
Regular
"I like cheese"
shaneo wrote:
> I am No. 1 on Top 100 posters now in the last 30 days...for words. I wish that
> more emphasis was put on the words, not just the posts.

Yeah, I'm 1st on the All-time one, but it does seem as though the number of posts are emphasised more.

Perhaps when you actually open the page it should have the word count first?
Sun 14/10/01 at 10:08
Regular
Heh, cheers mate. But you're still written out of the story! Muaha.
Sun 14/10/01 at 10:00
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
Stryke wrote:
> Well done shaneo. I drop from 9th to 12th if done on wordcount. Not that it
> really bothers me. People often go on about how much wordcount matters, and it
> does, don't get me wrong, but i don't just come on here to post long replies, I
> come on for the chat in WLT, where one sentence posts are the norm. Now, this is
> fun, and I enjyoing chatting to people like RBS, Aliboy, Iguana and so on in
> there. I also posts topics, not usually here, but in DVD or Life. These are long
> and decent topics (in my opinion ;) ).But just because my wordcount is not as
> good as my postcount, does that mean I'm a spammer?

Um....that would be the
> part where you say no.... ;-)

Thanks Stryke. Um...no! :D
Sun 14/10/01 at 09:54
Regular
Well done shaneo. I drop from 9th to 12th if done on wordcount. Not that it really bothers me. People often go on about how much wordcount matters, and it does, don't get me wrong, but i don't just come on here to post long replies, I come on for the chat in WLT, where one sentence posts are the norm. Now, this is fun, and I enjyoing chatting to people like RBS, Aliboy, Iguana and so on in there. I also posts topics, not usually here, but in DVD or Life. These are long and decent topics (in my opinion ;) ).But just because my wordcount is not as good as my postcount, does that mean I'm a spammer?

Um....that would be the part where you say no.... ;-)
Sun 14/10/01 at 09:49
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
I am No. 1 on Top 100 posters now in the last 30 days...for words. I wish that more emphasis was put on the words, not just the posts.
Sun 14/10/01 at 09:43
Regular
I tend to classify people as well. There are some regulars who I think are spamming idiots,some regulars who I don't mind because i don't know too wellsome who are class mates, some newbies who I like, and some newbies who I despise. It's all a matter of what you personally think of them. If you really want, I'll let you know what I think about you, because my opinion obviously matters ;-)

As regards to the notable vote, I think most people have probably already decided who they are voting for. C'mon, I've already got it down to one of two people. What about you guys? Tell, tell.
Sun 14/10/01 at 09:35
Regular
Mr Nice Guy wrote:
> I have noticed this myself. It appears that automatically the notables topics
> are filled with responses whilst people like myself go not noticed and although
> I haven't spent hardly anytime on this site compared to most people doesn't mean
> that I can't write something of intrest.

It's like the colour of someone's
> skin it appears and how different people react to it.

Or maybe it's because most decent posters don't care about name colour and judge on characters. Like you for example, are annyoing not because of the fact that your a newbie, but because you were Dogfather, and all those other rubbishy nicks, and people like me can remember that you were annoying. And the notables happen to be notables because they post well, so their topics are therefore worth reading and they know it.
Sun 14/10/01 at 09:03
Regular
Mr Nice Guy wrote:
> I'd have to say that the title is one of the most important ways to attract
> people to posting in that thread or even reading it. If I posted a topic called
> 'Console Wars' then I doubt many people would post in it, but if I did a topic
> that was of intrest to people then the response would be of a higher amount.

Yeh i agree

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.