GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The forum has been classified...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 13/10/01 at 19:37
Regular
Over the past few months that i have been here i have noticed this.
Newbies-just a little bit on the side to toy with.
Regular-Newbies listen to us or we will toy with you.
Notable-We rule lick our feet
Tony-You talkin' to me.

Apart from the classification of these people above there are others. Everyone is classified, if you see ant has replied to a post and it is on the top of the board you reply, if it is me you look at it and think i'll have a look later. Maybe because they are Notables but nevertheless. The regulars are there own little community, with lots of suffiecient people who get the job done and the people who come on 3-4 times a week who are treated like a newbie. I am not saying that newbies are inferior or anything like that but the tags don't show what they meen and i am getting woried that we won't be classified by this way properly ever again as the system isn't being monitered enough.

There are Regulars who have feuds with Newbies, there are newbies who try to hold out there own battles and do this until they are regulars(spamming). I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but I have......
Tue 16/10/01 at 21:15
Regular
The regulars don't diss for the sake of it.

Sometime they're a little intolerant with people who aren't experienced in writing but they only normally complain if you do something irrelavent or spam.
Tue 16/10/01 at 21:14
Regular
Just remember the Notables were Newbies once!
Tue 16/10/01 at 21:13
I agree, although some newbies do mess up this "clean" image. To be honest, I think the only reason newbies are given a hard time is becasue of this - after all, most of the troublemakers (okay, all) usually don't stay on the forums for more than 2 minutes.
Tue 16/10/01 at 21:07
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
I dont like this classification thing, when you first arrive you have regulars giving you a hard time! Even if you post something that is relivent (new topic or not) if you are a 'newbie' you quite often get a regular changing the subject into an argument abbout them being right about something else unrelated! Because a regular has bbut a negitive comment on the forum, less people are willing to post so it sinks to the bottom! And because Im a 'newbie' Im being told to stop 'spaming', Im not spaming to put my stats up aat all, I really couldnt care less about the stats! All I want to do is use the forums for wot they are subposed to be used for. Just because I post on different topics doesnt mean Im spamming, aren't I allowed to have a view/intrest on many different topics!
I think the system is very unfair to new comers, and even puuts some of them off!
Tue 16/10/01 at 21:07
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
I dont like this classification thing, when you first arrive you have regulars giving you a hard time! Even if you post something that is relivent (new topic or not) if you are a 'newbie' you quite often get a regular changing the subject into an argument abbout them being right about something else unrelated! Because a regular has bbut a negitive comment on the forum, less people are willing to post so it sinks to the bottom! And because Im a 'newbie' Im being told to stop 'spaming', Im not spaming to put my stats up aat all, I really couldnt care less about the stats! All I want to do is use the forums for wot they are subposed to be used for. Just because I post on different topics doesnt mean Im spamming, aren't I allowed to have a view/intrest on many different topics!
I think the sysstem is very unfair to new comers, and even puuts some of them off!
Tue 16/10/01 at 20:41
Hmm, that mistype reminds me of some AS work I have to do...
Tue 16/10/01 at 20:39
Excellent. AS it should be.
Tue 16/10/01 at 20:35
Regular
shaneo quoted:

everything written, ever

Which is why:

He is at the top for words.

And also why:

They judge on posts instead.
Tue 16/10/01 at 18:17
Regular
Quazimodo wrote:
> hmmmmmm.....well what i think should happen is that there is a change in the
> system. So it makes it more fair. Anyone with me??

OK HUNGER strike it is ;-)
Sun 14/10/01 at 18:23
Regular
hmmmmmm.....well what i think should happen is that there is a change in the system. So it makes it more fair. Anyone with me??

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.