GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"People who say X-Box is rubbish and PS2 is better!!!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 12/10/01 at 17:13
Regular
*How can this be true? It is four times more powerful, broadband internet connection, superior sound, much, much better graphics!! The games are also gonna be better!!!! Why???? Because the X-Box has over 150 developers making games for it! Also X-Box is getting most of the games Playstation 2 is getting, plus more!!! So how in any way can PS2 be better?*

**Just some of the amazing games to be released:**

AMPED FREESTYLE SNOWBOARDING
CHAMPIONSHIP MANAGER
DEAD OR ALIVE 3
DUKE NUKEM FOREVER
GRAND THEFT AUTO 3
HALO
HOUSE OF DEAD 3
JET SET RADIO FUTURE
CRAZY TAXI NEXT
MAX PAYNE
PROJECT GOTHAM RACING
METAL GEAR SOLID X
ODDWORLD: MUNCH'S ODDSSEY
SEGA GT 2000
SILENT HILL 2
SOUL CALIBUR 2
SSX TRICKY
TONY HAWKS PRO SKATER 3
UFC - TAPOUT
WWF RAW IS WAR
SHENMUE 3 (POSSIBLY)
NBA 2K2
RIDGE RACER

*PHEW!!! Now tell me X-Box is not good!!! These are just a few games being released, I haev just picked some of the best!*
Also, who is getting an X-Box? I hope to.
Fri 12/10/01 at 17:29
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
Wookie Monster said:

>> PS2 has over 200 developers. So what?

Both machines have their own exclusives, and both will appeal to different types of owner. As will the Gamecube, which I also hope to buy at some point.

Xbox is a lower spec than my PC, and has little to offer that I can't get on PC or PS2... so I doubt I'll be bothering, for that reason alone.

--Sorry made a mistake, X-ox has over 250 develpoers! Thanx for reminding me. I dont see why you are comparing it with your PC? X-Box is not a PC and its games WONT be comming to PC so who really cares if your PC is more powerful! like you said the main thing is that it appeals to different gamers.
But, Sony Blatenely ripps off its customers!! They even have PS4 in planning, they are only interested in sequels so SONY mugs waste all their money on continuously comming consoles! Sonys price of a brand new PS2 when it came out was:
£299.99
X-Box new price is:
£299.99
SAME PRICE when the PS2 was brand new! oh, and guess what??? X-Box only has more games comming out, better graphics, better sound, internet! And you dont have to hadn over more money to Microsoft for extras like Sony are doing! Payign extra for online capabilities, well that comes with an X-Box! You dont haev to buy memory cards like Sony cos memory is stored on X-Box! So thats Sony tucking you up again! Oh, X-Box has 4 controller ports! and how many does Sony have??? hmm..... oh, what a coinsidence!!! Sony noyl has 2! And you never guess..... you haev to pay more money to Sony by getting an add on for four controllers!!!! WOW! YOU GO SONY!!!!

So the main fact is, how can it appeal when it blantently TUCKS up its customers! also with X-Box you dotn haev to keep updating with newer versions of the console being released every month..... but you can update it!!!!!!!....... nuff said!
Fri 12/10/01 at 17:19
"High polygon count"
PS2 has over 200 developers. So what?

Both machines have their own exclusives, and both will appeal to different types of owner. As will the Gamecube, which I also hope to buy at some point.

Xbox is a lower spec than my PC, and has little to offer that I can't get on PC or PS2... so I doubt I'll be bothering, for that reason alone.
Fri 12/10/01 at 17:13
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
*How can this be true? It is four times more powerful, broadband internet connection, superior sound, much, much better graphics!! The games are also gonna be better!!!! Why???? Because the X-Box has over 150 developers making games for it! Also X-Box is getting most of the games Playstation 2 is getting, plus more!!! So how in any way can PS2 be better?*

**Just some of the amazing games to be released:**

AMPED FREESTYLE SNOWBOARDING
CHAMPIONSHIP MANAGER
DEAD OR ALIVE 3
DUKE NUKEM FOREVER
GRAND THEFT AUTO 3
HALO
HOUSE OF DEAD 3
JET SET RADIO FUTURE
CRAZY TAXI NEXT
MAX PAYNE
PROJECT GOTHAM RACING
METAL GEAR SOLID X
ODDWORLD: MUNCH'S ODDSSEY
SEGA GT 2000
SILENT HILL 2
SOUL CALIBUR 2
SSX TRICKY
TONY HAWKS PRO SKATER 3
UFC - TAPOUT
WWF RAW IS WAR
SHENMUE 3 (POSSIBLY)
NBA 2K2
RIDGE RACER

*PHEW!!! Now tell me X-Box is not good!!! These are just a few games being released, I haev just picked some of the best!*
Also, who is getting an X-Box? I hope to.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.