GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is it worth buying a PS2???"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 12/10/01 at 14:45
Regular
Considering the purchase of a DVD player when noticed the price drop of the PS2. SR have a good deal with their PS2 Fire Pack at £229 but what else would I need for good quality DVD playback? The official remote perhaps? A better scart connector? DVD Region X whatever this is for?
Being new to this PS stuff any advice greatfully received
Fri 12/10/01 at 20:16
Regular
"Whatever!"
There has never been a better time to own a PS2 - The christmas line up is quite exceptional!!
Fri 12/10/01 at 19:02
Regular
"360: swfcman"
You would not live through the experiance! :)

*cause of death - taking a shower with item A - PS2*

lol
Fri 12/10/01 at 18:56
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Imagine playing your PS2 while taking a shower......
Fri 12/10/01 at 17:22
Yeah, and how much will that cost???

But it would look good and imagine... Multiplayer gaming in seperate rooms... awesome. (With really long leads).
Fri 12/10/01 at 16:59
Regular
"Back For Good"
get a different colour PS2 for each room in your house :-D
Fri 12/10/01 at 16:55
WÚÛkiee M¯nßÜÄR wrote:
> The only reason NOT to buy a PS2 is if you already have one.

But at
> £199, I'm considering a second anyway!

With all the extras you can get for around £300, im thinking of selling my mother to get another one. I bought mine originally for near enough £420 with just one controller, one game and one memory card.

My god why didn't I wait....

Cos' I had just under a year of awesome, unforgettable PS2 gaming. What a buy.
Fri 12/10/01 at 16:47
"High polygon count"
The only reason NOT to buy a PS2 is if you already have one.

But at £199, I'm considering a second anyway!
Fri 12/10/01 at 16:34
Definatley worth it.
Fri 12/10/01 at 16:29
Regular
"Back For Good"
It is worth getting :-)

£200 will give you access to the best games around, a dvd player and an enhanced PS1, All the good games are now rolling in and trust me you won't regret it.
Fri 12/10/01 at 15:30
So if I need a decent scart lead where do I get it from? Is the one that SR sell 'Ultimate RGB SCart Lead for PS2' any good?. If not any others anyone can think of that are avaliable online?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.