GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Just been playing Turok......"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 06/07/03 at 08:55
Regular
Just been playing Turok Evolution and i have to say it is the best Turok ever! They've nicked quite a few things from Halo. The outside levels are good, and some are verging on breath taking (the beginning level of chapter 3 is actually up there, in design, with the second level on Halo). The Pteradactyl rails shooter is one of the most enjoyable rail shooters i've played in an FPS (up there with Red Faction 2) and I usually HATE rail shooters.
There's some really nice innovation here. The effects of the poison arrows are excellent. A pistol which converts into a sniper rifle is clever, cool and useful. The way enemies run away and surrender is cool, and acclaim have added their usual controvercy by having the surrendering enemies kneel down in an execution style way so you can shoot them if you choose.

Ah Turok I have missed ye.
Sun 06/07/03 at 12:08
Regular
It's not as bad as people make out, but I lost intrest quite late in the game and haven't played it since. I was on the sky fortress levels I think.

Though none of it is anywhere near the excellence of the 2nd level of Halo.

Oh and the flying sections are really sh!te.
Sun 06/07/03 at 11:33
Regular
Turok Evolution is good, but how can you think it's the best in the series? The flying levels are awful and there so many annoyances and glitches that get in the way of a potentially great game.

Good, but by all means not great.
Sun 06/07/03 at 10:46
Regular
"Festivus!"
Hedfix wrote:
> GO GO Super Hedfix

don't steal my usernames.

and if it's the best turok, that series must be crap.
Sun 06/07/03 at 10:46
Regular
It's not as bad as some people have led you to believe, is it?

I started playing it with admittedly very low expectations, but found myself loving the early levels, especially the one where you face a masive onslaught of beasties and you can take them out with the gun turrets. The visuals are pretty good and I also liked the level of atmosphere - very tense and reminscient of some of the more nervous moments of Jurassic Park, especially when healths low.
Sun 06/07/03 at 09:04
Regular
"8==="
Played it from 02:30 to 08:45, GO GO Super Hedfix yay!
Sun 06/07/03 at 08:55
Regular
"8==="
Just been playing Turok Evolution and i have to say it is the best Turok ever! They've nicked quite a few things from Halo. The outside levels are good, and some are verging on breath taking (the beginning level of chapter 3 is actually up there, in design, with the second level on Halo). The Pteradactyl rails shooter is one of the most enjoyable rail shooters i've played in an FPS (up there with Red Faction 2) and I usually HATE rail shooters.
There's some really nice innovation here. The effects of the poison arrows are excellent. A pistol which converts into a sniper rifle is clever, cool and useful. The way enemies run away and surrender is cool, and acclaim have added their usual controvercy by having the surrendering enemies kneel down in an execution style way so you can shoot them if you choose.

Ah Turok I have missed ye.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.