GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Just been playing Turok......"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 06/07/03 at 08:55
Regular
Just been playing Turok Evolution and i have to say it is the best Turok ever! They've nicked quite a few things from Halo. The outside levels are good, and some are verging on breath taking (the beginning level of chapter 3 is actually up there, in design, with the second level on Halo). The Pteradactyl rails shooter is one of the most enjoyable rail shooters i've played in an FPS (up there with Red Faction 2) and I usually HATE rail shooters.
There's some really nice innovation here. The effects of the poison arrows are excellent. A pistol which converts into a sniper rifle is clever, cool and useful. The way enemies run away and surrender is cool, and acclaim have added their usual controvercy by having the surrendering enemies kneel down in an execution style way so you can shoot them if you choose.

Ah Turok I have missed ye.
Mon 07/07/03 at 18:11
Regular
Yeah I really enjoyed this game too. I completed it sometime in January and I feel it doesn't deserve most of the critism it has been given. It was the later levels where you storm the city that I enjoyed most. One question I have about the game is this, I have read reviews of the game which say it has real framerate issues yet I have never noticed any slowdown, has anyone else?
Mon 07/07/03 at 17:09
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Turok 3 was never great. It was mildly diverting, verging on
> entertaining, but never could it ever be classed as great.

I was addicted to the intriguing storyline... dunno why.
Mon 07/07/03 at 14:48
Regular
"8==="
Well in single player they all beat the Quake games single player hands down.
Mon 07/07/03 at 14:30
Regular
Turok 3 was never great. It was mildly diverting, verging on entertaining, but never could it ever be classed as great.
Mon 07/07/03 at 13:15
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Ah. I got Rage Wars free from SR.

Spent a night with my mate playing through it.

Shame my mem card messed up all the time.

Still, I cheated and got Tal'Set, and then the Implant Gun or whatever it was. Hmmm, fleshy.
Mon 07/07/03 at 12:41
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> Rickoss wrote:
> Turok Evolution is good, but how can you think it's the best in the
> series?
>
> Turok 1: No multi.
> Turok 2: Too hard.
> Turok 3: Too easy.
> Turok 4: Just right. (+Dual Analogue control)

Turok 1 = FANTASTIC
Turok 2 = CRAP
Turok Rage Wars = Best in Series
Turok 3 = GREAT!
Turok Evolution = Alright
Mon 07/07/03 at 09:58
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
gooo Cerebal bore..:D
Mon 07/07/03 at 09:46
Regular
Hedfix wrote:

> Turok 1: No multi.
> Turok 2: Too hard.
> Turok 3: Too easy.
> Turok 4: Just right. (+Dual Analogue control)

The original Turok is easily the best. Stupidly over powered weapons and a lot of humans to kill as well as dinosaurs.

It may not have had multiplayer, but the mutliplayer in all Turok games other than Rage Wars has been utter toss.
Mon 07/07/03 at 01:21
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
*consiers getting it from amazon at £9.99...
Sun 06/07/03 at 13:13
Regular
"8==="
Rickoss wrote:
> Turok Evolution is good, but how can you think it's the best in the
> series?

Turok 1: No multi.
Turok 2: Too hard.
Turok 3: Too easy.
Turok 4: Just right. (+Dual Analogue control)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.