GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Just been playing Turok......"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 06/07/03 at 08:55
Regular
Just been playing Turok Evolution and i have to say it is the best Turok ever! They've nicked quite a few things from Halo. The outside levels are good, and some are verging on breath taking (the beginning level of chapter 3 is actually up there, in design, with the second level on Halo). The Pteradactyl rails shooter is one of the most enjoyable rail shooters i've played in an FPS (up there with Red Faction 2) and I usually HATE rail shooters.
There's some really nice innovation here. The effects of the poison arrows are excellent. A pistol which converts into a sniper rifle is clever, cool and useful. The way enemies run away and surrender is cool, and acclaim have added their usual controvercy by having the surrendering enemies kneel down in an execution style way so you can shoot them if you choose.

Ah Turok I have missed ye.
Thu 10/07/03 at 16:47
Regular
Solskjær wrote:
> I was about to get this game off SR as a Free Gift, but then they
> stopped selling it altogether - on all-formats! :(

DOH!
Thu 10/07/03 at 14:19
Regular
"past,present&future"
I got it last night for £7.98 from Blockbusters.

It seems fine (after a few hours in), but took a bit of getting used to after Metroid Prime, graphics look a bit pc, too.

Some of the glitches, tho, like when one of the enemies runs into a tree, and stands there running on the spot, even when you circle round him, walk up and blast his face off...
Tue 08/07/03 at 12:28
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I was about to get this game off SR as a Free Gift, but then they stopped selling it altogether - on all-formats! :(
Mon 07/07/03 at 22:55
Regular
tigamilla wrote:
> Did anyone ever play Turok2 on the N64 with the expansion pak?? I
> found that when it got hot it used to crash ALOT

I really disliked Turok 2... I now have to total Turok set... no idea why.
Mon 07/07/03 at 22:32
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Did anyone ever play Turok2 on the N64 with the expansion pak?? I found that when it got hot it used to crash ALOT
Mon 07/07/03 at 22:13
Regular
Lipe wrote:
> Anyone remember Turok Rage Wars? That game was crap, I got it has a SR
> free gift and quickly sold, it was the 1st ever Turok game I bought
> and it quickly put me off buying any others.

1: It's noting like the other Turok games
2: It funning ruled!
Mon 07/07/03 at 20:39
Regular
Anyone remember Turok Rage Wars? That game was crap, I got it has a SR free gift and quickly sold, it was the 1st ever Turok game I bought and it quickly put me off buying any others.
Mon 07/07/03 at 20:22
Regular
"8==="
Well if you still have Turok 4 play that level and you'll see what I was getting at. It's like the 'Turok take' on Halo's second level.
Mon 07/07/03 at 19:56
Regular
Hedfix wrote:

> And the beginning level of chapter 2 is on a level of design equal to
> Halo's second level. Just that level mind (at least as far as i've
> played).

Level 2 of Halo is up there with 'The Facility' in Goldeneye for being the greatest level in a 1st person shooter IMO. There's no way anything in Turok comes even close to it.

Oh and I think the framerate problems are on the PS2 version.
Mon 07/07/03 at 18:22
Regular
"8==="
I didn't spot any slowdown. I did spot the slight mistake with the doors opening before I'd completed an objectives but being unable to go through the open doorways until I'd completed the objective.

Very silly.

Still a good game.

And the beginning level of chapter 2 is on a level of design equal to Halo's second level. Just that level mind (at least as far as i've played).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.