GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Winning Eleven Final Evolution"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 13/07/03 at 20:10
Regular
Right, I want this, want this now. But, questions...

1) How much different is it from PES 2 on the PS2?

2) I always have thought the GameCube controller is spazzy, but is the game easy to play using it?

3)Why do I need a memory card 251, and will this thing do?

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?products_id=2359

4) Is there anyway to get sponsors on the kit, like the PS2 patches you can get?

5) Are there any websites with goal competitions (Like PES Fan) but ones that do GameCube goals?

6) Are there any transer updates you can download?

7) What is the edit mode like? Anything like PES 2's?
Wed 13/08/03 at 18:14
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
Well, on Pro Evo 2 you can do a kinda league thing and a club team kup by using the Konami Umbro Cup, but i don't know whether that's on Final Evolution. The league thingy is a Round Robin tournament, and the club team cup is just Group League or Tournament.
Tue 12/08/03 at 14:09
Regular
"Long time no see!"
My game's now looking pretty up-to-date.

Most of my Premiership teams are all up-to-date (although, I am struggling to fit ALL of Chelsea's summer-signings in!), and I'm slowly working on transforming West Ham United into Spurs.

And, when editing a player's name, you have 3 things to change...
The first one is the player's name as it appears on-screen;
The third one is the name on the back of his shirt...
But what's the second one do - the one in ONLY Japanese?

Does it change the names the commentators say when the player is on-the-ball? And if not, is it possible to do that?

Also, is it actually possible to play a normla Cup/League competition with a club-team that ISN'T in the Master League?
Tue 05/08/03 at 15:55
Regular
For big football fans like myself transfers are important. Why the hell would I want to have Beckham at Man Utd when I could keep the game bang up to date?
Tue 05/08/03 at 15:54
Regular
"Festivus!"
It's a football game - names don't matter.

The best fun can be had on Sensible Soccer with fake names.

Oh yes.
Tue 05/08/03 at 15:52
Regular
Surely all these people with up to date transfer files didn't spend all their time making new players to save to new clubs?! That would have taken them absolutely ageeeeeeeeees to do. I am going to have a scout around the net and see if there is an easier and less time consuming way to keeping the transfers up to date.
Tue 05/08/03 at 15:40
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I think you've got it, there.

You cannot directly transfer players between clubs.
You cannot add an all-new player to a club team either; only international.

To create a "new" player for a certain club, you have to, instead, take the data of an existing player on the desired team, and change his stat's and name around so that he becomes the player you want him to be... Despite what the commentator may call him.

But, I reckon there must be a way to simply swap players around using an editor off the 'net, or something - just like you could do, as standard, in the older FIFA games.

And Natbuc, why on Earth did you create Bellion from Fabien Barthez when you surely should've used Blanc, since "Fab" is still at Old Trafford.

And in my game, this means Bellion starts in defence - is there any way around this; so you can change the team's pre-match line-up or something?
Tue 05/08/03 at 15:32
Regular
"Hmmm....."
I have WE7.

Be jealous.

Now.
Tue 05/08/03 at 15:28
Regular
This is very confusing. I want to get Beckham to Madrid yet there isn't an actual transfer section to do it with. I didn't really understand thelogic behind all the delete layer who isn't in the first team part.

The best way is going to take ages. If you take all the players attributes and then create another player with those exact attributes you can then put them in the correct squad by saving them over a plyer in that squad. When it comes around to creating a new player you have to save over one member in the squad in order to get it to work.

Am I right on this one?
Tue 05/08/03 at 15:11
Regular
"Long time no see!"
So, I'm still stuck with the likes of David Beckham in my Man United team, then. :(

But I have created a brilliant David Bellion (who replaces Laurent Blanc), by taking Thierry Henry's stat's and knocking-off a few points, here and there.

I've also replaced David May with an Eric Djemba-Djemba based on the late Marc-Vivien Foé.

But I can't get rid of Beckham without messing up my England team! :(

It's okay for replacing players like Le Saux for Bridge at Chelsea, but surely, there's got to be a "better" way of doing it - there must be an editor available somewhere, surely???
Thu 31/07/03 at 21:05
Regular
"  "
Well, you can't directly, but basically you'll find for every player a club buys, they get rid of a player. So just overwrite the old players who don't play for the team any more, and then if you need to replace the transfered player, then just put another player who isn't in the team and should be, like a new siging or a youth player.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.