GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Skies of Arcadia MP help!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Skies of Arcadia'.
Sun 20/07/03 at 19:47
Regular
I am wondering if someone like WS could help. The MP bar goes down every time you do a magic move (like Piri) but when it reaches 0 it doesn't restore at all, not even for the next battle. The only way I seem to be able to restore it is by taking Magic Droplets but I only have one left. Is there any other way of restoring your MP bar without using items? I have 0/6 for Akaia and 3/4 for Vyse but I very rarely use magic with Vyse so his doesn't really matter. Is there any way?

Thankyou in advance.
Wed 23/07/03 at 15:06
Regular
This is just absolute bull sheet now. She had around 100 health left and I had 3 characters concious. Not only did she dodge every move I threw at her but she also used 3 Eterni in a row which wiped out all of my remaining members. I haven't seen a fix like this for years. It really is a load of toss when you throw everything at her and get within 100 health for her to turn around and use 3 moves which take out the remaining characters. The MP and HP which Eterni takes down for each use would make it impossible for anyone to do 2 in a row never mind 3 in a row.

I will have to put it down before I start throwing studd around the room because this is really peecing me off now in a major way.
Wed 23/07/03 at 13:30
Regular
I am having a bit of trouble beating this Bount Hunter in Mid Ocean. She is a pain in the ass to beat. I have level 14 for my 3 main characters and Fina is level 9. However she uses the special move Evalin which knock unconcious whoever it hits in one shot. I can beat the bloody dog she has but she is impossible. I will keep going around mid ocean fighting ships as they really do boost your points.
Wed 23/07/03 at 13:15
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
Yeah prophecy is an awesome move and blue rogues can also dish out a lethal punishment if the right crew members are equipped.I think teh best ones to have are:
Lawrence
kirala
hans
urala
moegi
ryu kan
kazim
kalifa
tikatika
the guy you found in the dark rift
the dancer from ixa taka

They dish out the most damage and heal you the most.
Mon 21/07/03 at 10:37
"The Will of D."
During boss battles near the end I usually go for the ultimate SP so I had to get all my SP points up so I can do it, it's called Prophecy and it dealsquite a bit of damage even to some bosses, most will take either one or two hits of Prophecy (3 for Ramirez end of game) to finish them off.
But I'm not sure you can do the attack until you're a captain of your own ship though, so after green cystal.
Mon 21/07/03 at 10:33
"The Will of D."
only beause it deals more damage and by then you will have enough SP per turn to do it every turn.
Mon 21/07/03 at 09:57
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> You should get Aika's 3rd when you can. Lambda Burst, it's like Alpha
> Storm but damages every enemy and is a bit more powerful.
>
> It's vital for the south ocean crossing..

It is?
Sun 20/07/03 at 23:06
"The Will of D."
I've made it so I have almost all the magics for all the players (but I am right at the end of the game)
Sun 20/07/03 at 20:38
Regular
Ok, cheers. I will have a bash at what the manual says for different enemies. I usually stick with Green for Aika for healing magic and then red/purple for Vyse for attack magic. I will try out different combinations though and see what works best.
Sun 20/07/03 at 20:36
Regular
And whatever colour you're using is what colour magic you gain exp for at the end of the battle.

The person using that colour gets double the magic exp and everyone else just gets the normal exp.

So if you get 2 magic exp from a fight, with Vyse using red and Aika using green; Vyse would get 4 red and 2 green, Aika gets 2 red and 4 green.
Sun 20/07/03 at 20:34
Regular
It's the colour of the frame around the enemies' portrait.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.