GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Skies of Arcadia MP help!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Skies of Arcadia'.
Sun 20/07/03 at 19:47
Regular
I am wondering if someone like WS could help. The MP bar goes down every time you do a magic move (like Piri) but when it reaches 0 it doesn't restore at all, not even for the next battle. The only way I seem to be able to restore it is by taking Magic Droplets but I only have one left. Is there any other way of restoring your MP bar without using items? I have 0/6 for Akaia and 3/4 for Vyse but I very rarely use magic with Vyse so his doesn't really matter. Is there any way?

Thankyou in advance.
Sat 26/07/03 at 00:22
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
For a start he thinks you can play skies of arcadia on a pc! He also likes games with tiwsts at the end but how would he know if SOAL dosnt have a twist at the end if hes only played 4 hours of it! It has some of the best twists, red herrings and subplots of any game that ive ever owned!
Fri 25/07/03 at 18:00
Regular
"accidental superher"
PLEASE tell me professor griff is taking the p*ss!
i'm reading his posts and am in shock at how seemingly illogical he is.
go on tell us who you REALLY are :P
Fri 25/07/03 at 16:54
Regular
Jeez!

I think its time for someone else to take over.

Xbox as a PC? Heh!

It gets better and better.
Fri 25/07/03 at 16:51
Regular
i said i have played 2 games, but i have read about all of them, and also, my uncle has a xbox computer and i have seen almost all of the games get played on that. so i think i am fair when i say i know alot about it. but i dont really count the Xbox as a games console, its more of a PC, but with a better Games Engine and Graphics Card. but thats just my opinion! i have also seen alot of teh games beeing played in stores like HMV and all of them, so i get around and see every game! maybe we are just even in our love and knowledge, its nt competition remember! its fun!
Fri 25/07/03 at 16:47
Regular
Heh!

It gets better.

I own a Cube, PS2 and Xbox. The majority of people on this forum will know and have played a lot more games than you. You say you can teach me things about games like MGS2 which is a game I have clocked 5 times on the PS2 before purchasing Substance on the Xbox. I had Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 on release date.

One topic you say you know about the Cube etc yet you have only played 2 games available for it?
Fri 25/07/03 at 16:37
Regular
(those games were just a few of the many examples i know)
Fri 25/07/03 at 16:37
Regular
maybe we have different view points, but i dont think i deserve any abuse. all gamers are different, and want different things, i dont know about you but i want to see a good packaged game with realistic setting and a dark humour to its story line. it also should have some kind of twist in the ending (like there was in Metal Gear Solid). i dont want to argue with you if you disagree with me, as you seem rather vicious, i was just trying to see if there were any gamers like me (who like a challenge, and appreiciate the better games) on these boards, i will wait a while to see if there are.
And i dont think there is a console which is best, both of them have their strong points, i feel i know alot about each of them, (see my topic on the combination of the two) so maybe we can talk onec you see this.
WE can teach eachother alot, i want to tell people about games they may not have heard about or given a chance; Sons Of LIberty, RollerCaoster Tycoon and Motor Cross.
Fri 25/07/03 at 16:29
Regular
What the hell are you talking about you mong?

True gamer?

More like total ass whole.

They are too completley different games. One is an RPG and the other is a hack and slash horror game. I have played and completed DMC and enjoyed it immensly. It took me around 9 hours. I am on my 12th hour on Skies of Arcadia and I am yet to get truly into the main area of the game.

Quit your bull about which console you think is better than which because its fankly boring. If you had supported your points with a reasonable back up then fair enough. However the fact that you clearly do not know what the hell you are talking about means that you aren't really a true gamer but in fact a little Sony fanboy.
Fri 25/07/03 at 16:21
Regular
i remember playing skies of arcadia on my friends computer. it wasnt very good as the graphics seemed too cartoon-like and it was a little too long that it didnt keep my concentration. i played it for 4 hours but stopped. although i probably would have clocked it if i hadnt stopped.
Alistar, if you liked that game, i will tellyou about another, more better and realistic game for the PS2 called Devil May Cry, which is like that but darker, and its alot tougher but also it doesnt take so long to complete so you get more enjoyment oiut of it.
As a true games fan i prefer these games, but i think everyone is entitled to their opinions, and some games are not as serious as others.
you should check out that Devil May Cry game though, (you can get it on Playstation2 and Gamecube i think)
Fri 25/07/03 at 00:32
Regular
Its not really a matter of conversion but rather the matter of actually getting hold of a copy. I knew I would enjoy it from the DEMO I played of the Dreamcast version and I didn't need any level of persuasion to pick up a copy.

Its definitley the best game I have played on the Cube and a true Sega classic that I will remember for many years to come.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.