GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Boogeyman"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 02/07/06 at 00:58
Regular
"Mooching around"
Has he gone? He was our #3 poster for a while I think.

Well... He brought the posts in eh?
Sun 02/07/06 at 21:57
Regular
Chinas like a major pirating place too isn't it? When I went there I got like 25 programs on one disc, and they all worked when I got home :) cost like 50p lol
Sun 02/07/06 at 21:56
Regular
Seems machie got there first lol soz for double post
Sun 02/07/06 at 21:55
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Yea my girlfriend there is treated pretty harshly by her parents, they are always on to her about getting married and everything but she wants a career. They don't seem to think that she can have one and her only purpose is to get married and serve her husband
Sun 02/07/06 at 21:54
Regular
Isn't that because they are only allowed 1 child sometimes, or is that another far eastern country? There was a documentary on it a while back how the boys are preferred because they will carry the name on, and the girls are just left to die on the side :(
Regular
Also on the program I read that in god knows how many years but the number of females to males will be down by 20 million. I think that's going to be really damaging to china. It's mainly because of their 1 child rule, but I think if they have a girl you can still have another kid. You do hear about girls being put up for adoption or killed. And disabled girls are worse, there are places set up trying to take care of them.

My girlfriend is Chinese and even in her generation and far away from China theres still this favouring over having boys instead of girls. Her older brother is thought of more highly than her or her two younger sisters.

Its one of the things I don't like about china/the chinese, but it's not as bad as it use to be. Not all guys want girls now.
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Cruciatum Fixative wrote:
> What's more than likly to have happened, is that he has blocked
> you, which would explain why he can still have his convo almost
> seemlessly with Machie.

Nah i can just multi-convo easily :-D
Sun 02/07/06 at 21:52
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Machie wrote:
> Yes I thought that would be the case. The program I told you
> about it went on about the rural families sending the boys off
> to go study and the sisters and the parents would carry on
> working to support him while he's studying.

Yea from what my friend was telling me when i was there boys are valued more than girls. Kind of sucks for them really.

> Yes, I also saw another article on youtube about American
> schools offering more classes in Mandarin. Probably not on par
> with Spanish which I find to be one of the most easiest of
> languages. I don't think American students would cope well with
> Mandarin.

I hope Spanish is easy to learn, i'll probably be going to teach in Ecuador at some point of my life so i'll be wanting to speak the language.
Don't know how they'd cope, if they were like me then if they were interested and really wanted to learn it then they would.

> Well yes of course, that's why I'd love to bring up my kids
> bilingual or even trilingual. I wish I had the option.

Yup, if i have kids i'll be bringing them up to speak Japanese and English
Sun 02/07/06 at 21:52
Regular
"Mooching around"
What's more than likly to have happened, is that he has blocked you, which would explain why he can still have his convo almost seemlessly with Machie.
Sun 02/07/06 at 21:51
Regular
Kawada wrote:
> Well after living there for 6 months i can tell you it isn't the
> norm. I knew plenty of people who were what we would call
> working/middle class. Not poor but not wealthy either, enough to
> get by and enough to have some fun with

Ok well if you lived there for 6 months then you would be able to judge it a hell of a lot better than my short holdiay there :) after all holiday makers only really get a glimpse of a country. I was dissapointed when I went there though, as it's not like the movies with ninjas and stuff, I know I shoudlnt have expected it, but it wouldve been nice and very different :)
Sun 02/07/06 at 21:49
Regular
Lol I was expecting people to tell me to shut up by now :s

I can sense thats going to come from kawada

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.