GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GameCube: Evolution"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 25/07/03 at 16:16
Regular
I think there should be a new type of add on released that would enable you to play PS2 games on the Gamecube instead of buying a PS2. because the Gamecube doesnt relaly have any good games on it (Turok and Zelda and the two i have played) and the PS2 has loads (i have GTA, GTA:Vice City and Devil May Cry).
It would be way better if all of them could be combined onto the gamecube, with just one adapter, so then you would have at least 5 world class games to play without having to spend so much money.
what do you guys think?
Fri 25/07/03 at 16:43
Regular
"Festivus!"
You'll regret this post in the future.
Fri 25/07/03 at 16:45
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Well..

Sony profits have just plunged 98%. They are called consoles, not computers. Nintendo still make a profit whilst both Microsoft and Sony make a loss. Sony will NEVER EVER buy Nintendo, I'm quite sure they'd rather file for a chapter 11 and let Shigsy start up his own developer with all Ninty's IP than join Sony.

And no. It won't happen. It couldn't happen. It wouldn't be 'cool' if it did.

*pulls hair out*
Fri 25/07/03 at 16:46
Regular
these are just suggestsions, i didnt know you people would get so annoyed with them. but i head that the guy who owns Sony and Nintendo, everyone insulted him when he first announced that they were going to make 3D games, and look what happened to them? so just hear me out and sometime something a little different can change the world.
(im not saying that i could change the world - yet!! - but all im saying is that we should take eachotehrs ideas seroiusly and consider them) you know what i mean?
Fri 25/07/03 at 16:47
Regular
"You! Obey the fist!"
but you said that GC should have a thing to play PS2 games

you didn't say before that sony would buy out Nintendo and then the port wouldnt be illegal

getting desparate now we hav all proved you're idea to be stupid?
thought so.

and dont go following up this post by saying that sony could carry on with the GC and make the port on that anyway, because the Gc still wouldnt sell if sony bought it after nintendo(yeah right, never gonna happen) have to sell up.

fool!
Fri 25/07/03 at 16:48
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
*explodes*

There is no 'guy who owns Nintendo and Sony'

They are DIFFERENT ... COMPANIES!

Now I do appreciate that we're being quite harsh. But its proportionate to the 'quite stupid' being emanated by yourself.
Fri 25/07/03 at 16:51
Regular
There is nothing to listen to you about. You come onto the forums saying you know lots about games and how you can teach others about them and then you come out with a comment saying that Sony could bring out an emulator for the Cube to allow PS2 games to played on it.

They are 2 different companies with two different out looks. Sony want to make the PS2 popular. Nintendo however want to make a console and original games. Nintendo are the best games company in the world without a doubt. They come up with original ideas, they innovate other ideas and most of all they know how to create a fun game.

Sony as a development company suck more than my mom's Dyson vack.
Fri 25/07/03 at 16:55
Regular
so, why dont they combine together, and get all the sales of the PS2 and the gameplay of the Nintento? and the easiest way to doi this is with an emulator? i dont think you guys understand what im putting forward here, its juts a combination of all the best element of both companies. like what AOL did when they got together with Warner, they took the best and now they are a huge company. PS2 and GameCube could do that to.
Fri 25/07/03 at 16:55
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Give him a break - there's no need to castigate him for a simple suggestion.

Basically, he wants to ascertain whether there's possibility for one single format thereby making developers concentrate on the games alone without worrying about porting it across all formats to maximise profits.

Personally, I think that the reason we get innovative and distinctive games is because of the competition in the market. Having one console that played all games would probably mean that there wouldn't be much in the way of innovation. Of course, you could argue the fact that there's one format meant that developers would have to concentrate more fully on their games in order to stand out from the crowd and make the public more willing to purchase them.

I can't see a single format happening in the near future but I know it will happen at some point in the distant future.

Btw, I refute your statement about the Gc not having many good games. It has more AAA titles that the Xbox and nearly as many as the PS2 even though it was released a year after the PS2 and 6 months after the Xbox.
Fri 25/07/03 at 16:58
Regular
Why did he come in protetsing to know a lot about games only to say that he thinks Sony should launch an emulator for the Cube?

Anyone who knows anything remotely about business or gaming will know that its not even slightly possible. The only company with a possibility of merging with Nintendo is Microsoft yet I believe that is just a load of hype and speculation.
Fri 25/07/03 at 16:58
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
If we always attack people who come on, there won't be anyone left in the forums...

*smokes his peace pipe and scratches his big beard*

Now it's time for me to go...but remember this, people - try to educate rather than criticise.

It's easy to abuse but hard to teach.

That is all.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.