GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Half Life Download"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Half Life'.
Thu 31/07/03 at 00:03
Regular
I was led to believe by Lipe that you can download Half Life for free.
Is this so? Because I can't find it.
If indeed, it is true, could one of you kind people direct me to a place where I can get it.
I spent 3 hours downloading it off KaZaa, only to find it didn't work, so I don't want any more unreliable sources.
Cheers :)
Fri 01/08/03 at 10:21
Regular
Just get 1.5 and wait for 1.6 to finish the BETA testing.
Thu 31/07/03 at 17:14
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Maybe mine just needs reinstalling or something then, you on XP?
Thu 31/07/03 at 17:09
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I was just on CS 1.6, quite fun to say it was Counter-Strike, and I haven't experienced any problems with Steam yet, at least not in the 'crashing' department anyway.
Thu 31/07/03 at 16:50
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Well I got CS 1.6 on it no problems, pity that it won't actually connect to any server whatsoever...

I'm going to get 1.5 elsewhere and try that.
Thu 31/07/03 at 15:46
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
I've got an Athlon XP 2600 with 512Megs of DDR RAM, and it's still dodgy, so I'd say it was more their coding that was the problem. Seems to crash my comp when I try to shut down with it still running, stops responding for a while etc.
Isn't steam only for CS 1.6? 1.5 would be a better idea to start with really, there's more newbie servers about.
Thu 31/07/03 at 13:14
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
I'm trying this Steam thing now, never heard of it before but I fancy seeing what the fuss about Counter Strike is so I'll try. On ADSL it seems really stable, it needs semi high specs to run (the steam software that is) 1GHZ, 256MB RAM so maybe that is why some people have a problem ?
Thu 31/07/03 at 12:33
Regular
Cheers everyone for 'trying' :)
Oh yeah, and I'll try that Steam engine Gin. And besides, I'm used to KaZaa crashing all the time anyway, so ta.

Nash, signing off.
Thu 31/07/03 at 11:08
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
I've downloaded Half-Life for free... Also, Counter Strike, Opposing Forces, etc...

You need to grab Valves (VERY dodgy) Steam engine from

www.steampowered.com

It’s all completely free and perfectly legit... Just be prepared for the Steam software to crash regularly :)
Thu 31/07/03 at 10:57
Regular
Oh well, I can't find it. Gamespy either lied or I mis-read it, or maybe it's not up yet. Don't you already have Half-Life?
Thu 31/07/03 at 10:49
Regular
Bah, damn you Nash, now I have to go look for it. Basically I got an e-mail from gamespy saying it was now available for download, have you tried fileplanet?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.