GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Half Life Download"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Half Life'.
Thu 31/07/03 at 00:03
Regular
I was led to believe by Lipe that you can download Half Life for free.
Is this so? Because I can't find it.
If indeed, it is true, could one of you kind people direct me to a place where I can get it.
I spent 3 hours downloading it off KaZaa, only to find it didn't work, so I don't want any more unreliable sources.
Cheers :)
Sat 02/08/03 at 18:40
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Evry game I'v e tried is laggy, and I'm on Broadband. Sod it, I'm going to wait for the Xbox Live version.
Sat 02/08/03 at 18:38
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Become a reg on a clan server, teamplay's about at a max there for a public game.

UK2's laggy for just about anyone as far as I can tell, my ADSL included, not just a 56k.
Sat 02/08/03 at 17:37
Regular
Practical Magic wrote:
> Tried the UK2 servers - laggy ! Tried ADSL guide's servers, faster but
> the game is boring, no co ordination or anything.

Yeah, UK2 servers are pretty laggy if ur on 56k. Also CS is a team game, it requires communication and effort between ur team mates.

Now most of the time if you go on a server for a couple of times the team won't listen to anyone and just go their seperate(sp) ways. You need to find a group of people who are willing to listen and then the game will become fun.
Sat 02/08/03 at 16:37
Regular
And why does CS look like a 486 game ??
Sat 02/08/03 at 16:28
Regular
Tried the UK2 servers - laggy ! Tried ADSL guide's servers, faster but the game is boring, no co ordination or anything.
Fri 01/08/03 at 21:52
Regular
It's a site that provides around 300 counter-strike servers. They are also an isp.
Fri 01/08/03 at 21:49
Regular
What's UK2 ??
Fri 01/08/03 at 21:46
Regular
beanz wrote:
> CS is really good...problem is nowadays it's got a lot of
> cheaters/hackers....and just loads of damn good players...it's hard
> for newbies to get into CS because they're probably end up getting
> absolutely wasted.
> it's a GREAT MOD!

Actually UK2 has about 10 servers just for newbies, and it's well protected 'cause there's a kill limit of 15. May not sound like much but I went in there and hardly any of them got 15 kills.
Fri 01/08/03 at 20:13
Regular
"accidental superher"
i TOTALLY agree with cipro
Fri 01/08/03 at 19:53
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Lipe wrote:
> How many of you, that don't like half-life, actually got the game at
> the time it came out?

Me.
And if the s**tory was so important in making the game good, then that's why Half-Life was was**ted on me. I hones**tly couldn't give a sh*t about the s**toryline in any game. I play games to do exactly that - PLAY. I don't want to read a load of crap, or watch cut-scenes. These are GAMES, not FILMS.

It's why MGS2 also sucks ass.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.