GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Half Life Download"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Half Life'.
Thu 31/07/03 at 00:03
Regular
I was led to believe by Lipe that you can download Half Life for free.
Is this so? Because I can't find it.
If indeed, it is true, could one of you kind people direct me to a place where I can get it.
I spent 3 hours downloading it off KaZaa, only to find it didn't work, so I don't want any more unreliable sources.
Cheers :)
Fri 01/08/03 at 17:37
Regular
"accidental superher"
Jonathan Nash wrote:
> I've just tried CS now/yesterday, and, it's, RUBBISH.
> Seriously, it's cack.
> Half-Life's good though.

CS is really good...problem is nowadays it's got a lot of cheaters/hackers....and just loads of damn good players...it's hard for newbies to get into CS because they're probably end up getting absolutely wasted.
it's a GREAT MOD!
Fri 01/08/03 at 17:28
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Me, I had it for one of my Christmas presents the December it came out, I also had a Vodoo 2 16MB (Yes that was once good) 3DFX card, and extra memory to bring me up to 64mb (again, a lot at the time) so I could play it at it's best. It was a good game but I think too many people are wearing rose tinted specs....

Half Life 2 will rule though, it pains me, as an Xbox owner also, but it takes an almighty dump on Halo 2 from what I've seen. The 20 min E3 video was stunning and better than Halo 2's 8 min one.
Fri 01/08/03 at 17:23
Regular
How many of you, that don't like half-life, actually got the game at the time it came out?
Fri 01/08/03 at 16:25
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Cipro's right, the involving story played a massive part in the success of the original HL - everyone took note, as this was a game that involved more than senseless maiming by a random character you felt no connection with in level aftel level of enemies. HL's story, puzzles, characters, weapons and (at the time) decent graphics set it apart from everything else.

Hopes are high for the sequel to have just as good a story and character interaction, and the engine creates a huge range of possibilities for this game to do things no other before has. I do think people will be disappointed, most have very high hopes for it, and of course it wont be perfect, but it should still be an amazaing FPS in its own right.
Fri 01/08/03 at 16:04
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
djerrud wrote:
> And the guns are crap.

Nah that .357 magnum was the most satisfying gun I can think of in a game right now.
Fri 01/08/03 at 15:51
Regular
"A man with a stick"
But Half-Life was revolutionary, when it was first released. At the time nothing could compare, there was no other FPS game that had such depth to it, but over the months that followed developers kindly borrowed it's ideas to create better games.

Now Half-Life isn't the game it once was, still great to play but after so much time it just doesn't compare to some of the FPS already out. It still has great multiplayer support however, and to this day has as much people playing online than some FPS released only a year ago.
Fri 01/08/03 at 15:48
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I didn't think it was anything too special.
And the guns are crap.
Fri 01/08/03 at 14:54
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Half Life was never this hyped on release, it just seemed to become a supposed 'classic' thanks to the gaming press.... it's an FPS, nothing revolutionary in it as far as I can think of.
Fri 01/08/03 at 14:50
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
djerrud wrote:
> It's because people are wrong.

Like you :p
Fri 01/08/03 at 14:33
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
You don'y like Half Life either? YEY! I thought I was the only one.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.