GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So, I hate Half-Life"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Half Life'.
Mon 04/08/03 at 22:43
Regular
Yup yup.
It's mediocre.
Sat 09/08/03 at 19:45
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Disliking Half-Life doesn't mean I suck. I gave a perfectly reasonable explanation as to why I dislike it when Goatboy asked. It's down the page a little. Go read it.
Sat 09/08/03 at 19:43
Regular
"A man with a stick"
~sw2atpuppi~ wrote:
> you SUCK, no buts, you SUCK. how dare you hate the best game in the
> world.
> you SUCK remember that, thats all, suckers

It's people like this who make me embarrased to be a big fan of Half-life.

I love the reasoning though "half-life isn't rubbish because you suck, and if you think it sucks you suck more" Now that's one way 'not' to win an arguement.
Sat 09/08/03 at 19:38
Regular
~sw2atpuppi~ wrote:
> you SUCK, no buts, you SUCK. how dare you hate the best game in the
> world.
> you SUCK remember that, thats all, suckers

this guy is SOOO banned if he keeps up, i reckon.
that or he'll/she'll get a rather sour response from a few others.

*slaps 4-pack of red poncho's on ~sw2atpuppi~ and releases in bull-ring*

i bet he's a she...
Sat 09/08/03 at 19:21
"LoRD oF thE BEER"
you SUCK, no buts, you SUCK. how dare you hate the best game in the world.
you SUCK remember that, thats all, suckers
Fri 08/08/03 at 18:40
Regular
WOW, you sure know alot about tanks and their armour...
Fri 08/08/03 at 18:32
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> Er wait a minute, the armour explodes?

Yep, reactive armour. Tank shells generally work by piercing the armour of a tank at such a speed that the friction causes the explosion. However, reactive armour contains charges on the surface which are not powerful enough to harm the tank but powerful enough to stop the incoming tank round - the explosive force slows or deflects the incoming round. It is not 100% foolproof, but quite reliable.

The bad side is that once the reactive armour has detonated in the targeted area it leaves only the normal armour left, but most modern tank battles see the winning side only getting off around 2-3 shells per tank, and the losers getting 1-2 per tank. With reactive armour thats 2-3 for the winners, 0-1 for the losers. Makes a big difference but relies on maintenance crews being available after an engagement to refit it.
Fri 08/08/03 at 17:39
Regular
*Grabs stick and chases*
Fri 08/08/03 at 17:38
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Er wait a minute, the armour explodes?
Fri 08/08/03 at 17:37
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Erm, course it could.
Oh is that the time?
*Runs*
Fri 08/08/03 at 17:14
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
One bullet cannot in any way take out a tank platoon bob, you need Depleted Uranium Projectile shells just to get past the armour of a tank for starters. and many have reactive armour which explodes to counter a first hit.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.