GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Post your Halo challenges here!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/08/03 at 13:09
Regular
Just for fun please post your Halo challenges, stories etc here!
Wed 06/08/03 at 21:57
Regular
That level did my nut, if they'd have kept it in the forest then it would have been excellent. But once again I was dragged indoors to look at bland and uninspiring rooms again.

Having said that though the first time I watched that cut scene was quite tense, I had no idea what the flood were. But then hunderds of squid things came at me and the tension faded away.
Wed 06/08/03 at 21:55
Regular
2nd level = Halo.

My fave level has to be "343 Guilty Spark" - Starts out in a murky forest and goes into a underground science laboratory. Atmospheric. Very. Fantastic aswell! Give's a nice twist to the story with the flood being introduced etc

I was practically soiling myself when I went down that lift with blood splats all over the wall and the music as it appeared. Yes I was scared.

*runs*
Wed 06/08/03 at 21:50
Regular
The 2nd level. Superbly designed, doesn't get at all repetetive and it's just shooting perfection to be honest.

If the whole game was like the 2nd level, it'd be the best shooty game...maybe even the best game, ever.
Wed 06/08/03 at 21:48
Regular
Woa woa woa. Lets keep calm guys.

*New friendly debate*

Fave level on Halo and why.
Wed 06/08/03 at 21:48
Regular
Practical Magic wrote:

> Level design wise, Halo is great in that the levels are realistically
> done.

It's a computer game, it's supposed to keep the gamer intrested. Repeating the same dull indoor sections over and over does not keep me intrested. Neither does flinging the same enemies at me constantly, no matter how good their AI is.

Look at a real 'library' it's symetrical, designed for a
> purpose, not to be a good place to have a small scale war.

Yes but it's a computer game. Why be realistic if it makes for a dull gaming experience?

That's waht
> you get in Halo, buildings and interiors designed for the purpose they
> would serve if it were a real building, not to make interesting shoot
> out locales.

Exactly and it makes for a crap gaming experience. I want to be amazed and intrested in my surroundings, not punching myself in the face as I enter the same boring interior for the 50th time in a row.

Games are supposed to be fun, realism of this kind is not fun.
Wed 06/08/03 at 21:44
Regular
Practical Magic wrote:
> Me too, people who whine obviously don't understand the story or the
> level's relevance to it.

Understand the story?

It's hardly Memento or the Usual Suspects.

The fact is, it's a rubbishly designed level. There's absoloutly no relevance to the story what so ever. There's no point where the story can't proceed unless it keeps repeating the same boring indoor sections over and over, while it throws countless amounts of the same enemy at you.

It's mindnumbingly dull, sadly it's the same case with a lot of the later levels. If any other game repeated levels, but just did them backwards you lot would be up in arms.

Why Bungie didn't make the effort and design more levels I will never understand. You can't honestly be trying to tell me you weren't a little dissapointed to find out that the last 4 levels of the game were basically the earlier levels, just backwards with different weather conditions and lighting?

I'm not saying I didn't enjoy the game, far from it, it was a very good game. But I just can't understand why it receives quite so much hype when the level design is so appalling.
Wed 06/08/03 at 18:30
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Me too, people who whine obviously don't understand the story or the level's relevance to it.

The Library is the ultimate goal, whoever gets control of it long enough will hold great power, to use or find out how to destroy, Halo. The Flood are throwing everything at it to stop Master Chief, if he makes it the odds are the Flood goes one step closer to being wiped out. They have to stop him, hence they'll throw everything at you they can.

Level design wise, Halo is great in that the levels are realistically done. Look at a real 'library' it's symetrical, designed for a purpose, not to be a good place to have a small scale war. That's waht you get in Halo, buildings and interiors designed for the purpose they would serve if it were a real building, not to make interesting shoot out locales.
Wed 06/08/03 at 18:25
Regular
can't really c why people r moaning bout the library level as it is just another challenge and a quite different level to the others?
Wed 06/08/03 at 18:23
Regular
I actually quite liked "the libary".
Wed 06/08/03 at 15:49
Regular
Some of the Library mission was set in huge open indoor sections.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.