GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This new games programme on Sky 1."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/08/03 at 16:50
Regular
I haven't posted anything major on here for quite a while, but I feel it necessary to return, and moan.

I don't know if any of you have seen this programme, I can't be bothered to read back through countless pages to find out if you've talked about it either, but it's called "Gamezville" (note the use of the z instead of an s to make it appear more "street") and is on at 4pm until 5 on weekdays. I have tried watching this program twice, and have failed both times due to the overwhelming urge to stab myself in the brain till I no longer have memories of it.

The presenters seem to have been chosen on the basis of how much crap they can talk without starting to get bored, I doubt their status as "hardcore gamers" which they seem to claim and they seem little better informed than the people presenting that hideous awards show earlier in the year. The programme is interspersed with the joys of cheat sections from the "guru" (I think, I've never managed to actually force myself into watching more than about 7 minutes in a row), a man in what appears to be a monk's habit who talks like a retard on a crystal meth overdose.

One of the small upsides of this travesty is that it does contain reasonable amounts of actual game footage and shows real people playing the games for you to watch. Now if only they could get rid of the annoying ****-****'s (a cookie to the person who correctly guesses the profanity) talking over the top of it, trying to show how much they know by repeating what each other have said and apparently reading the blurb off the back of the box, then perhaps they could make a passable attempt at a decent programme.

It seems to me that this is yet another games programme aimed at what TV corporate executives seem to believe the gaming mass market is, young children. The presenters are like the rejects from CBBC, the technical depth I've seen appears to be limited to that understandable by 8 year olds, and it's aired at a time when anyone over the age of about 16 probably won't be home.

It almost makes me nostalgic for Gamesmaster...
Tue 12/08/03 at 17:01
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Beards, we did this in general chat yesterday, Robin and a few others liked it, rest of ripped it to little tiny shreads.

Too slow :)
Tue 12/08/03 at 16:50
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
I haven't posted anything major on here for quite a while, but I feel it necessary to return, and moan.

I don't know if any of you have seen this programme, I can't be bothered to read back through countless pages to find out if you've talked about it either, but it's called "Gamezville" (note the use of the z instead of an s to make it appear more "street") and is on at 4pm until 5 on weekdays. I have tried watching this program twice, and have failed both times due to the overwhelming urge to stab myself in the brain till I no longer have memories of it.

The presenters seem to have been chosen on the basis of how much crap they can talk without starting to get bored, I doubt their status as "hardcore gamers" which they seem to claim and they seem little better informed than the people presenting that hideous awards show earlier in the year. The programme is interspersed with the joys of cheat sections from the "guru" (I think, I've never managed to actually force myself into watching more than about 7 minutes in a row), a man in what appears to be a monk's habit who talks like a retard on a crystal meth overdose.

One of the small upsides of this travesty is that it does contain reasonable amounts of actual game footage and shows real people playing the games for you to watch. Now if only they could get rid of the annoying ****-****'s (a cookie to the person who correctly guesses the profanity) talking over the top of it, trying to show how much they know by repeating what each other have said and apparently reading the blurb off the back of the box, then perhaps they could make a passable attempt at a decent programme.

It seems to me that this is yet another games programme aimed at what TV corporate executives seem to believe the gaming mass market is, young children. The presenters are like the rejects from CBBC, the technical depth I've seen appears to be limited to that understandable by 8 year olds, and it's aired at a time when anyone over the age of about 16 probably won't be home.

It almost makes me nostalgic for Gamesmaster...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.