GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This new games programme on Sky 1."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/08/03 at 16:50
Regular
I haven't posted anything major on here for quite a while, but I feel it necessary to return, and moan.

I don't know if any of you have seen this programme, I can't be bothered to read back through countless pages to find out if you've talked about it either, but it's called "Gamezville" (note the use of the z instead of an s to make it appear more "street") and is on at 4pm until 5 on weekdays. I have tried watching this program twice, and have failed both times due to the overwhelming urge to stab myself in the brain till I no longer have memories of it.

The presenters seem to have been chosen on the basis of how much crap they can talk without starting to get bored, I doubt their status as "hardcore gamers" which they seem to claim and they seem little better informed than the people presenting that hideous awards show earlier in the year. The programme is interspersed with the joys of cheat sections from the "guru" (I think, I've never managed to actually force myself into watching more than about 7 minutes in a row), a man in what appears to be a monk's habit who talks like a retard on a crystal meth overdose.

One of the small upsides of this travesty is that it does contain reasonable amounts of actual game footage and shows real people playing the games for you to watch. Now if only they could get rid of the annoying ****-****'s (a cookie to the person who correctly guesses the profanity) talking over the top of it, trying to show how much they know by repeating what each other have said and apparently reading the blurb off the back of the box, then perhaps they could make a passable attempt at a decent programme.

It seems to me that this is yet another games programme aimed at what TV corporate executives seem to believe the gaming mass market is, young children. The presenters are like the rejects from CBBC, the technical depth I've seen appears to be limited to that understandable by 8 year olds, and it's aired at a time when anyone over the age of about 16 probably won't be home.

It almost makes me nostalgic for Gamesmaster...
Sat 23/08/03 at 20:08
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Is it just me or is she a fatter, younger, Toyah Wilcox?
Sat 23/08/03 at 18:44
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Only problem with Gamepad 3 is that Violent Berlin hath a lithp.
Fri 22/08/03 at 14:02
Regular
game-pad 3 is the preferred games show, because at least it doesn't feature a face-off on a teeny game like micro-machines or something between two kids you've never met before, because unless you know the history between the two, it's pointless watching.

oh, and i didn't reach the guru, but he looks like a cheap imitation of obi-wan kenobi (old man version).

pack wasting your time with gamezville and watch that instead. or if you really want something to laugh with (not at) watch maximum exposure or something. i like the 'commentator' (or whatever), because he adds a 'point and laugh' twist to the clips he shows. and it's not all watching people fall over and stuff, but also laughing at inuit Television, i.e super shamon, which is a very bad imitation of superman with terrible dubbing for other languages, and a seriously ugly 40-odd year old with a bad haircut playing super shamon.
Fri 22/08/03 at 11:18
Regular
"All about the Beats"
I aint read any replys, but it does show alot of in game footage. i.e Viewtiful Joe.

I agree that the presenting is crap, but it is well upto date.

Its better then the other shows (if there is any)...
Thu 21/08/03 at 22:41
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Azul wrote:
> Anyway, most of the crowd, (F) Were coloured's.

Don't be racist, we call 'em darkies nowadays.
Thu 21/08/03 at 22:29
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Yeh quite a lot of them do look like they were found vandalising some bus shelter. It's a show by NED's for NED's! :P
Thu 21/08/03 at 22:19
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
The following comment is completely non-racist, m'kay?

I watched (some of) it yesterday, and (some of) it today.
Yes, it was all crap.

Anyway, most of the crowd, (F) Were coloured's.

Did nobody else want to join in, so they got a load of kids they saw hanging about on the street to come into the studio.

IT'S CRAP, IT'S CRAP, IT'S CRAP, IT'S CRAP, IT'S CRAP, IT'S CRAP, IT'S CRAP, IT'S CRAP, IT'S CRAP, IT'S CRAP, IT'S CRAP, IT'S CRAP, IT'S CRAP, IT'S CRAP, IT'S CRAP, IT'S CRAP, IT'S CRAP, IT'S CRAP, IT'S CRAP, IT'S CRAP, IT'S CRAP, IT'S CRAP, IT'S CRAP, IT'S CRAP, IT'S CRAP, IT'S CRAP, IT'S CRAP.

And I don't like it.
Wed 20/08/03 at 22:44
Regular
"Sal Paradise"
Also, did anyone see it the other day, when they were testing out one of the screen things for the gamecube. Some kid was playing Zelda on it at the time, and then the presenter goes "and you can turn it off just by closing the lid" and he did so, when the guy was playing. The camera then looks at the kid who looks so angry and I thought he was gonna attack the presenter for turning it off, lol.

And Cubist I totally agree with you!
Wed 20/08/03 at 21:34
Regular
Why have i been removed
Wed 20/08/03 at 21:34
Regular
Why have i been removed

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.