GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What was all the fuss about..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 18/08/03 at 16:06
Regular
...the library level in Halo being pants? I thought it was pretty good, plenty of blasting with the ol' shotgun. And some of it was genuinly un-nerving. From the swamp level onwards, Halo is the first game to actually make me feel anxious. Those damn freaks are a lot scarier than the lil' aliens who run away shouting "He's here!"
Tue 19/08/03 at 16:52
Regular
"8==="
the_aoe_slaught wrote:
> I was quite suprised at Halo being the first game i've played where
> two enemies are enemies to each other.
>
> There have probably been others but this is the first one i've seen.

Off the top of my head RTCW and TS2 have elements where you are in a three way conflict.
Tue 19/08/03 at 12:36
Regular
"Less chat...More ha"
the_aoe_slaught wrote:
Ummm... It's nice having 4 pads and all but it helps to have freinds to use the other 3 :D

So how do you manage? Or is it irrelevant as you cant afford more than one pad anyway...never mind im sure if you be a good boy all year you might get a new pad and some more frIEnds for christmas!

anyone have a serious answer...or is this goon my only hope?
Tue 19/08/03 at 10:53
Regular
"\\"
therage79 wrote:
> Can everyone tell me their favourite Halo 4 player setup?...only just
> got 4 pads, but have found some of the levels quite boring (too big,
> not enough to do etc.)
> Cheers

Ummm... It's nice having 4 pads and all but it helps to have freinds to use the other 3 :D
Tue 19/08/03 at 10:52
Regular
"\\"
I was quite suprised at Halo being the first game i've played where two enemies are enemies to each other.

There have probably been others but this is the first one i've seen.
Tue 19/08/03 at 10:14
Regular
"Less chat...More ha"
Can everyone tell me their favourite Halo 4 player setup?...only just got 4 pads, but have found some of the levels quite boring (too big, not enough to do etc.)
Cheers
Tue 19/08/03 at 01:00
Regular
The cut-scene before you first meet the flood was quite tense, but then a load of walking squids ran at me which totally destroyed any tension that was built up.

Didn't even find the bigger flood guys scary, if they'd had screamed or some kind of other crap then it might have been quite unnerving. Bit like the headless guys with bombs for arms that run at you in Serious Sam, though they're more funny than scary.
Mon 18/08/03 at 23:14
Regular
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> You were un-nerved by little yellow balloons?
>
> Wasn't until the big jumping freaks appeared that I was unsettled.

well, I meant the whole level following that, but sure, when you first play it and don't know what they are, they are a little disconcerting.

I've yet to play through this game on legendary, perhaps a goal for this week? :D
Mon 18/08/03 at 22:32
Regular
"That's right!"
Bora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> the only bit I found un-nerving about the flood was when you first
> meet them, trapped in that room, after the cut scene.

-----

You were un-nerved by little yellow balloons?

Wasn't until the big jumping freaks appeared that I was unsettled.
Mon 18/08/03 at 19:50
Regular
i thought the library was a little boring. all the rooms looked pretty much the same, and after the first few encounters with the flood, they became tedious rather than un-nerving.

the only bit I found un-nerving about the flood was when you first meet them, trapped in that room, after the cut scene.

still, a great game none the less, and looking forward to halo 2 more than ever.
Mon 18/08/03 at 18:15
Regular
"8==="
Tiltawhirl wrote:
>
> If you want Doom again, play Serious Sam.

Heh. Someone listens. :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.