GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What was all the fuss about..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 18/08/03 at 16:06
Regular
...the library level in Halo being pants? I thought it was pretty good, plenty of blasting with the ol' shotgun. And some of it was genuinly un-nerving. From the swamp level onwards, Halo is the first game to actually make me feel anxious. Those damn freaks are a lot scarier than the lil' aliens who run away shouting "He's here!"
Wed 20/08/03 at 21:27
Regular
"8==="
A good few bots with or without friends playing along would obviously improve things.
Wed 20/08/03 at 21:25
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> Halo 2 should have bots dammit! :)

definitely, and they should use the vehicles properly (i.e. in teamwork).

that would be excellent, as I haven't got any frie.... I mean don't see my friends that much during the week.
Wed 20/08/03 at 21:22
Regular
"8==="
Everyone's forgetting a big point when discussing Halo 2.

Halo 2 should have bots dammit! :)
Wed 20/08/03 at 20:58
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I nod to that.

:)
Wed 20/08/03 at 20:55
Regular
Halo did have fairly bad level design. With such a blatent fault, I can't see what all the fuss was about. 10/10? Best FPS ever? Revolutionary?

You're 'avin a laugh mate...
Wed 20/08/03 at 19:52
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Being set in a city (as far as one can tell) wouldn't help that.

The best levels were the outdoor ones, not the rubbishy indoor ones.
Wed 20/08/03 at 17:57
Regular
"That's right!"
I'm not bothered about online options, I won't ever have X-Box LIVE. But, yes, more outdoor levels would be nice, they're much better.
Wed 20/08/03 at 17:44
Regular
Tiltawhirl demands that there be more outside levels and less boring inside levels.

Oh and an online co-op mode.
Wed 20/08/03 at 17:36
Regular
"That's right!"
"I was quite suprised at Halo being the first game i've played where two enemies are enemies to each other."

The freaks in Doom were always having a go at each other. Stupid zombies/pink pig things/imps.

By the way, I completed Halo the other day. Way too short.

Halo 2 shall be good. MoJo shall play it when it comes out. MoJo demands it be longer.
Wed 20/08/03 at 16:20
Regular
I understand where Hedfix is coming from.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.