GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What was all the fuss about..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 18/08/03 at 16:06
Regular
...the library level in Halo being pants? I thought it was pretty good, plenty of blasting with the ol' shotgun. And some of it was genuinly un-nerving. From the swamp level onwards, Halo is the first game to actually make me feel anxious. Those damn freaks are a lot scarier than the lil' aliens who run away shouting "He's here!"
Wed 20/08/03 at 15:06
Regular
"8==="
How the enviroments are believable and look realisitc (obviously in a sci-fi sort of way).

It's not Ghost Recon but it's hardly Serious Sam either.

There have been efforts made to make it believable/realistic within a sci-fi context.

Only being able to carry 2 guns is another example of a nod towards realism without getting bogged down in it.
Wed 20/08/03 at 14:49
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Thats generaly the point of the game......

Realism? Er.....where? :D
Wed 20/08/03 at 14:42
Regular
"8==="
It would have been good to have an option for it to tell you how many times you'd died on a level. I guess that would have gotten in the way of the story and realism approach.

Still trying to do each level without dying would make it tenser to play,
Wed 20/08/03 at 14:38
Regular
"gsybe you!"
*struggles to stop himself*

..arr!

Sod it. Its all opinion, but for such a 'great' game as Halo is....

AHH!

Wed 20/08/03 at 14:27
Regular
I could say the same about Pikmin - No excitement.

Tedious.
Wed 20/08/03 at 14:25
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Hedfix wrote:
> Play it on a higher difficulty then Cyclone.

I was - it was that one before Legendary. It still sucked. I was exaggerating with that respawn thing, but for christ sakes! If you actually were in danger of really losing your life - progress, weaponry, health etc, then it might of been good. But nope.

Even the escape at the end sucked. Ah well. I won't go on, because I shall be lynched.... :P
Wed 20/08/03 at 14:22
Regular
I remember dark forces, still have it in fact. that sewer level with those eye monsters were rather un nerving I must say.

You say you can respawn right close to where you died, you can't really, not unless you are playing co-op. You have to start at the nearest checkpoint which is usually a pain.

Where halo excelled, wasn't in atmosphere, but in storyline and brilliant tactical simulation. I've never played ANY game with such an intelligent and realistic enemy (covenant, not the flood)

can't wait for H2
Wed 20/08/03 at 14:22
Regular
"8==="
Play it on a higher difficulty then Cyclone.
Wed 20/08/03 at 14:19
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Halo is one of the few games where I found myself actually running madly around just to see if it got any more exciting. Usualy it makes it better. But it didn't.

Failed. The flood bit was perhaps the most atmospheric, but all I did was stand still and blow them all away...woo.

Then I 'ran' or rather strolled back to the jungle, seeing as I could respawn about 5 metres from where I died every time. Play Dark Forces in the dark, on the sewer levels, or on the complexes where you plant bombs and run away from Dark Troopers for about 5 minutes. That was scary, because you were actually in danger....

:P
Tue 19/08/03 at 17:04
Regular
"\\"
therage79 wrote:
> the_aoe_slaught wrote:
> Ummm... It's nice having 4 pads and all but it helps to have freinds
> to use the other 3 :D
>
> So how do you manage? Or is it irrelevant as you cant afford more
> than one pad anyway...never mind im sure if you be a good boy all
> year you might get a new pad and some more frIEnds for christmas!
>
> anyone have a serious answer...or is this goon my only hope?

I made a joke... lighten up... I don't even have an x-box now... damn brother sold it. And we had three pads, one for me, one for him, one for his mate (who has completed halo on legendary by the way)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.