GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What was all the fuss about..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 18/08/03 at 16:06
Regular
...the library level in Halo being pants? I thought it was pretty good, plenty of blasting with the ol' shotgun. And some of it was genuinly un-nerving. From the swamp level onwards, Halo is the first game to actually make me feel anxious. Those damn freaks are a lot scarier than the lil' aliens who run away shouting "He's here!"
Mon 18/08/03 at 16:06
Regular
"That's right!"
...the library level in Halo being pants? I thought it was pretty good, plenty of blasting with the ol' shotgun. And some of it was genuinly un-nerving. From the swamp level onwards, Halo is the first game to actually make me feel anxious. Those damn freaks are a lot scarier than the lil' aliens who run away shouting "He's here!"
Mon 18/08/03 at 16:18
Regular
*pats Mojo on the back*

Exactly my thoughts'.

*awaits huge 2 page long essays from disgrunteled members*
Mon 18/08/03 at 16:33
Regular
From the swamp level onwards, I nearly died of boredom.
Mon 18/08/03 at 16:34
Regular
"That's right!"
You're a strange lad, Tilt. Strange indeed.

Those alien freaks rule, you have to tear them apart to stop them getting back up and they're genuinely frightening. Walking into a dark room with low ammo and being able to hear them is like Doom all over again.
Mon 18/08/03 at 16:40
Regular
The flood were quite good (if a little repetetive). It was the level design that I couldn't stomach, it was all the same, they even had the nerve to repeat whole levels but just have them backwards.

If you want Doom again, play Serious Sam.
Mon 18/08/03 at 16:43
Regular
"That's right!"
I do have to agree with that, the level design is a bit pants. Hopefully that's something they'll fix in Halo 2.
Mon 18/08/03 at 17:03
Regular
"\\"
So who actually never completed this level? Everybody completed it, it was probably the hardest level which makes it good...

(if you never your pants)
Mon 18/08/03 at 17:37
Regular
Ok the level design from the library onwards was a bit cockmosexual - But I found the flood really good.

Shoot off their arms and watch them stagger towards you. T'is good stuff.
Mon 18/08/03 at 18:06
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Me and my mate managed to do that nighttime level where you have to trudge backwards through the outside.

It took us about 2-3 hours on Ledgendary!

Super rock hard.
Mon 18/08/03 at 18:15
Regular
"8==="
Tiltawhirl wrote:
>
> If you want Doom again, play Serious Sam.

Heh. Someone listens. :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.