GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo - Crushed by the power of the X-Box"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 26/09/01 at 18:00
Regular
It is just me or is the Game cube and Nintendo as we know it going to be crushed by the X-Box. There is no hope in hell that it could compete. For years Nintendo has been producing consoles. Starting with the NES all the way to the Gamecube with Gamboys on the way. Their only fault is their quality of games. What's with all the cartoon game like Pokemon and Zelda. Nearly every game that is popular on the Nintendo has been cartoonified. Are computer cartoons taking over consoles?

This is where the X-Box takes over. Microsoft have no worry in launching their first console. Most of the games that will be released on the launch date has been released before on the PC and Playstation and have done well. The Playstation 2 managed to keep the cartoons away but it doesn't quite do it for me.

I have had and N64 since it first came out and through my time with it, i've found it quite hard to find a game with good, serious graphics. I want my game heroes to have names like Terminator and Razor. Not Pikachu and Conker. It's just like childrens TV nowadays too! Do you remember when you were little and you had your favourite cartoons. I remember MASK, Thundercats and He-Man. They all has giant robots, bad guys, fast cars and guns! What do they have nowadays? Furry little fluffballs with silly names. That includes the Teletubbies however cool Dipsie is! Erm...anyway if the Game Cubes is all cartoons and classic labels, I don't want to know about it.

New gaming ideas, less cartoonified games and violent children's TV programs is the idea that i leave you with. So if the Game Cube does turn out like every other Nintendo console, i advise you to "say no to Nintendo". I won't even mention Dreamcast but buy an X-Box!
Thu 27/09/01 at 00:16
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
specifications dont neccessarily make good games.

the x box dosent seem to have much popularity and it needs to build well established characters like Mario and Sonic to become popular also games like say GT3 that are recognised for being good.

Methinks the X Box wont do too good
Thu 27/09/01 at 13:30
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
NO WAY IS THE X-BOX GONNA CRUSH THE GAMECUBE!

For starters it's Microsoft. Who wants a console produced by them? It'll cost a lot more than Gamecube! It looks like a piece of ****! The controller is just sooooo skanked up! It may have nice graphics, but hey, does GAMEPLAY not matter anymore? I think it does. And Ninty has it by the barrel loads!

So here's hoping the X-Box dies and burns!
Thu 27/09/01 at 16:35
You my Friend are sick and twisted,hes one for the book

X-BOX SUCKX WATCH GAMECUBE CRUSH THEM

AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT
Thu 27/09/01 at 17:09
Well, apart from 1 or 2 of your annoying biased comments, i'm convinced that the gamecube might be better...but! i am still thinking about the now £199.99 playstation 2? What about prices etc?
Fri 28/09/01 at 10:01
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Why are you just bothered about prices? It's surely must be about the games nay? Nintendo have the greatest, most original, most fun games out of all the platforms. That's why I want a Gamecube, and it should be why you should want one to!
Fri 28/09/01 at 10:19
Regular
I'll give a sensible answer.

Just wait until all 3 are released.

The PS2 will probably get a bigger drop in price along with its games, and you'll have a better idea which out of the Gamecube and Xbox suits you best.
Fri 28/09/01 at 10:28
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
I already know which I want. GAMECUBE! I just like the look of the games far more! Plus if I didn't have a GC I wouldn't be able to play all those CLASSIC Nintendo titles!
Fri 28/09/01 at 17:39
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
well nothing on ps2 makes me go head over heels , the xbox looks ok (the games not the fat ugly box !!) but the Gamecube is far by the best in many many many ways !!! that galleon game looks really good , which i know is on the xbox aswell but i want the gamecube so i'll get it on that. also i like nintendos games ,

the clever inks between the gba and gc , and basically when you look at every aspect of the console , it is just better , it has more features , the games are .. get this GOOD !! unlike the other two's games !!

and the gameplay is blumin mental !! and finally the 4 control ports !! the ps2 still has only two so you have to buy that multitap thing , and i dont know how many the xbox has i tbhink it's 4 , so if you want a console get the gamecube , or if you only have 2 people in your life then get the OK ps2 , or if you like big ugly boxes but stil have 4 people in your house , then if you really want to get an xbox !
Sat 29/09/01 at 14:00
Everyone WHO WANTS GAMECUBE say Gamecube!
Everyone WHO WANTS PLAYSTATION2 say ps2!
Everyone WHO WANTS X BOX say x box!

Ill start

Gamecube!
Sat 29/09/01 at 14:08
Regular
Stupid

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.